Pay To watch

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

If you were a wealthy person who would you pay the most to see play and why?

My pick has to be Alexander Ovechkin. I have a few friends that saw him play and they all told me that they haven't seen anything like him. IMO he's the most exciting player in the NHL. He has a rocket of a shot, his speed is incredeble, hits like a train and always plays with his heart on his sleeve. Because he plays for Washington we don't see much of him but I have NHL Centre Ice so I can catch his games and he's such a treat to watch. I'd pay a lot to see him.

2. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I would pay to watch Ryan Getzlaf play, he’s one of my favorite young players. It’s a treat to just watch him play on TV, I can’t even imagine what it’d be like live. He isn’t the most flashy player in the NHL but he’s one of the best. I’d hate to be the goalie facing him in a shootout. Has anyone seen him in a shootout? He's unreal.

3. Slimpy

Slimpy Guest

There are so many players I would love to see but I would have to say that Jonathan Toews. Hes a great young rookie in this leauge, i'm sure there are alot of people on this board that saw what he did to the states in the world jr's last christmas, come on that was crazy, 3 goals in the one shootout to get his team to the gold medal game. He is having a great start to the season and I am very happy that the blackhawks are playing the leafs tonight so atleast I can watch him play, hopefully he won't hurt the leafs.

4. juha82

juha82 Guest

R.Getzlaf, R.Smyth, S.Crosby, A.Peters, D.Alfredsson, C.Perry, B.McCabe, C.Simon, T.Koivisto(from Finland), J.Tuppurainen(from Finland too) and S.Weber.

But i pick up Getzlaf.

5. njbroncsfan

njbroncsfan Registered Member

6. Slimpy

Slimpy Guest

That was one of the best goals I have even seen. Toews just went through 4 NHL players, when he has been playing in this leauge for like 2 weeks.

7. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Well there are so many that come to mind but I have to go with MJ and say Ovechkin on this one. The guy is a scoring machine and he can score absoulte amazing goals , Taking nothing away from the others mentioned but this guy just does amazing things and playing on a developing Caps team.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

That's a very surprising pick Slimpy...but a very good one as well. I saw Toews goal on Coachs's Corner on saturday and they showed his goal and my jaw dropped to the ground. It was like he had the puck on a string it was that good. Plus the dominance he showed in the World Juniors was also amazing. So that's why I have to agree with your pick.

Another player i'd pay a hefty amount to watch would be Jaromir Jagr. The way he can dominate a game with his abilities and size is eye popping. And that's what I really look into a player. In how much he could dominate a game.

9. Slimpy

Slimpy Guest

I would love to see Jagr play too, Man just to go to a Rangers game in New York, would be amazing.

I would say another player I'd pay a lot to see would have to be Paul Stasney, hes a hell of a player, and I really hate that I never get to see him play, since he is on the Avs.

10. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Ah the magic of NHL Network. I think right now a lot of the hockey population would want to see Crotch Itch play but I really don't want to. If I did I'd boo the shit out of him.