Pay Phones

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dragon, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Almost everyone has a cell phone now a days but when was the last time you used a pay phone? Do you still use a pay phone?

I can't remember the last time I used a payphone. I think it was many years ago to a family member. I did have a cell phone at the time but left it at home.

2. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

There are still payphones?

I would have thought cell phones made them obsolete by now...

3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Mobile phones still have a disadvantage; you run out of power and don't have a spare battery, you're screwed. For that reason, payphones will continue to exist.

4. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

I've never used a payphone but there are a few in my area that can be readily used when they are needed.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I still see them around but I never give them a second thought, I can't remember ever using one before, myself :hmm: My grandma used to use them and she'd always make me stay in the little box with her so I didn't run away. Obviously this was a long time ago. :S

6. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I still see payphones about. And I still see people in them making calls.

The last time I used one was years ago when my phone had ran outta credit.

7. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I haven't used a pay phone since I was like 10 or something when I didn't have a mobile.

8. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I used one once in an airport. It was a good while ago though. I'd say last millennium.

9. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Or you run out of credits/that help you use the phone.
    So another reason to use payphones.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I haven't used one since I got my cell phone, but I still think their really useful since like someone mentioned the battery on your cell phone could die, or some people don't like having cell phones.

So I don't believe their going anywhere anytime soon.