Paul Pierce

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Boston Globe - Antoine Walker plans to sit down with his ex-teammate Paul Pierce over the summer and offer the Celtics star some advice, according to a report in the Boston Globe. Exactly what they may talk about may not make many Celtics fans happy.

When asked what advice he might give Pierce, Walker said, ``It's hard to say. He's already made a lot of money, but he has an opportunity now to sign an extension. He has to sit down with Danny [ Ainge] and the owners and really see where they want to go, if he wants to be part of a rebuilding process. If he wants to get to this level [and play for a title], he may have to move on. I don't know if he can be that patient.''

``To get to this level, you've got to be deep. Look at both our teams. We're very deep teams. You've got to be talented. I don't believe [Pierce] has that other piece yet. You can't just do it by yourself. When you think of Boston, you just think of Paul Pierce solo."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/40938/20060615/walker_pierce_may_have_to_move_on/

2. Gustavo

Gustavo Guest

So whats happening? Walker wants Pierce in a Heat Jersey?

3. wbbfan

wbbfan Guest

Thats what it sounds like. That or he's going to jsut tell him to demand to be delt to a good team.

First over all pick + CV3 + joey Graham + Future First for Pierce. :D

4. Babe_Ruth

I would love to have Paul Pierce on the Raptors but thaty's just giving up a little much there, you give up potential great players in Charlie Villaneuva and Joey Graham, you give up a good draft pick which is first overall and you give up a future first, the Celtics would win this trade no doubt.

5. Gustavo

Gustavo Guest

THATS LIKE OUR WHOLE TEAM!
    I wouldnt give up those guys, PP has a big contract, and i never would trade so many young players for a superstar, never. To many things can happen that wont favor the raptors.

6. Babe_Ruth

That's what I said, there goes the whole franchise if you make that trade and Brian Colangelo is not a stupid general manager so he'd never pull the trigger on that deal. Plus having a guy like Paul Pierce will not help Chris Bosh devellop to is full potential because PP demands the ball a lot.

7. Gustavo

Gustavo Guest

^
    True, but those two are great options. I really wouldnt care if PP or CB had the ball. They can both do creative things with the ball. If Bosh and Pierce were on the same team, there would be lot of sharing going on.