• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

MLB Paul monitor named new Twins manager

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
“@MLBONFOX: JUST IN: the #MNTwins officially announce they have hired Paul Molitor as their new manager.”

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I'm sure Paul will be a great monitor for the Twins.

In all seriousness, I really wanted Paul Molitor to be the manager of the Jays a couple of years ago. I think he'll do well with Minnesota.

I also would have loved Paul Molitar to be the Blue Jays manager. He certainly was a great ball player and you've got o think the chances of him being good with a nickname like "The Igniter" are pretty good.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hall of Fame players as managers don't generally seem to work.

Ted Williams was famously bad at it. Pete Rose was just OK. Ryne Sandberg has been "meh" so far with the Phillies.

Same goes for Frank Robinson. As well respected a "baseball man" as he was/is, he never managed a team to the postseason in 16 years as a manager.

Not counting player/managers back in the old days (like Lou Boudreau, Rogers Hornsby, etc.), I think the only Hall of Fame players to manage a World Series champion are Red Schoendienst with the 1967 Cardinals and Bob Lemon with the 1978 Yankees (and Lemon inherited a championship team when Billy Martin resigned in late July).

So history is against Molitor.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
Not so sure he'll work out in the end but given his history as a great player he'll get a long leash in Minnesota

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I really can't believe you called him Monitor.

For some reason though I think Molitor will be a good manager, at least better than most HOFers end up being.

RabidJay

Registered Member
Re: Paul monitor (Molitor) named new Twins manager

Awesome!

First thing I thot of was Don Mattingly - still like him as a manager, hope Paul does as well, even tho yes there will be bumps too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 1
MenInTights Politics & Law 7
Hilander Politics & Law 0
B NBA 6
K NBA 10