• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Paul Heyman or Eric Bischoff

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Both of these two guys are great masterminds when it comes to wrestling. Who do you think was the better mastermind between these two individuals?

Please explain your answer?

viLky

ykLiv
100% Eric. Eric, to me, always brought the ideas, creativeness, great mic skills and he seemed legitimate about caring about wrestling. He knew what he was doing and he brought some really creative stuff to the business. Eric is a true mastermind.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Crap, really really really really tough question here...really.

WCW did better overall as an organization but ECW didnt have the funding of Ted Turner like WCW. WCW acted like the New York Yankees and bought a ton of guys...if not for the genius creation of the NWO I dont think they would have lasted as long as they did. Sure, their cruiserweights were great but so were ECW's.

I'll go with Paul Heyman in this one. He didnt have the money but he did have the brains. He created so many stars that went onto WWE and WCW...he made most of them the wrestlers they were. Bishoff was good, dont get me wrong but I think most of his success came from the royalties around him.

HappyFace

Registered Member
They were both in their own ways great, it's hard to actually choose one of them as the better because they were both brilliant.

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
I lean more towards Heyman, even though they were both equally good at their jobs. Heyman gets it for me though because he took a tiny wrestling company and turned it into a legendary promotion. He ran ECW from his basement in the early years. To take it from there all the may to New York City is a phenomenal achievement. Bischoff was handed WCW when it was already fairly popular.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to go with Bischoff to be honest with you. Millz you make some great valid points, but this is where I think Bischoff takes the cake. I think when he created NWO, that's where he beats Heyman in my opinion. I believe NWO is one if the greatest wrestlling storyline of all time. Till it went overboard obviously. Both were masterminds, but Eric was top notch in my opinion.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to go with Bischoff to be honest with you. Millz you make some great valid points, but this is where I think Bischoff takes the cake. I think when he created NWO, that's where he beats Heyman in my opinion. I believe NWO is one if the greatest wrestlling storyline of all time. Till it went overboard obviously. Both were masterminds, but Eric was top notch in my opinion.
Yeah I hear ya but that's one great idea. Is that going to be his legacy?Was it even his idea?

I think the biggest thing working for Eric is that he beat the WWE in the ratings and did it for a long time. But if Paul Heyman had the money and exposure I think he would have been able to do the exact thing and then some. If Bischoff owned ECW I dont think it woud have nearly been as popular as with Heyman running the show.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I gotta go with Bischoff. It's my understanding the NWO storyline was his, and even if it wasn't, he kicked WWE around in the ratings for some time. I miss WCW, I liked it much better than WWE. It was sad to see them go.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's a tough call...I think Heyman did more with less and that's why I give him the nod. They both were successful in the WWE as well.

The fact of the matter is that they were both great wrestling minds and cared alot about the business and made their mark.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Heyman. He took the fanbase that grew up watching McMahon's kiddie orientated wrestling and provided them with an adult alternative. His ECW created the Attitude Era, which was the best years in wrestling history. And he brought in Lucha wrestlers and Japanese wrestlers that wasn't seen as much in other promotions. Plus, like has already been said, he built it from the ground up.

Bischoff is a legend though, i'm a huge fan. Not just as a wrestling mastermind behind the scenes, but as an in ring performer. He's got a great personality. He can be hilarious but really sadistic and twisted at the same time. Even after WCW went under, Eric was definitely my favourite GM of all time in WWE.