• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pats espcape again.

Will the Patroits go undefated

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

neum985

I pwn noobs
Man they are coming so close to wreaking the perfect season. I just don't see it happening after almost losing to both the Eagles and the Ravens. The Steelers will be a real test next week but i think the Pats will win that game. The game i see them losing, as sad as it may be, is to the Jets. They are on a little bit of a roll after beating the Steelers and hapless Miami Dolphins. Wouldnt it be ironic if the winless dolphins would keep themselves as the only undefeated team in NFL history and ending their losing season by beating the Pats? And the Giants i find them to be total frauds. They havent beaten anyone good this year. They are 8-4 and have beaten one team that was .500 or better this year and that was my Detroit Lions, who are also frauds being .500, in any case I hope that the Pats go undefeated but i really just dont see it happening. It took someone of a miracle this week with 3/3 on 4th downs and the Ravens with that catch at the 3 with no time left, man that was a great finish. I would say a top 5 game of the year?

dmny500

Registered Member
Yeah, that game was awesome but the Ravens deserved to win that one. They just played so much harder than the pats but the pats kind of got lucky especially when the coach called that timeout when they got the stop on 4th down. I think the Pats will go undefeated but honestly, who cares? I personally don't care if a team goes undefeated cause the playoffs are all that matter, just win enough to get in the playoffs.

neum985

I pwn noobs
Yeah that timeout really killed the Ravens they def. deserved to win that game. But I really want to see the Patriots to go undefeated because just how rare it is to see. I agree that only the postseason matters but I'd really like to see an undefeated season happy, if for nothing else so that the 1972 Dolphins will finally shut up. No offense to Don Shula but the Patriots season is not tainted like he said. The video taping went on for the 1st half of the first game. I really dont think the Jets couldve come back and won that game.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Patriots aren't going to go undefeated. The Eagles and Ravens exposed their weaknesses. They have a great offense, but I'm not impressed by the defense. They were extremely lucky to beat the Ravens. I don't think they're going to win the Super Bowl unless they keep getting all those ridiculous defensive holding and pass interference calls.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
I gotta disagree with you, the Pats defense is good, it's extremely fundamentally sound. Hell they held Colts to less than 24 points, when the Colts were hot. No one has scored more than 28 on them. They've got the largest margin of victory of any team in the NFL, which says as much about their defense as it does their offense, although granted their weakness was found. You've got to pound their defense with a running game, and unfortunatly, that means you've got to stop their offense so you an't playing catch up for 30 minutes.

If they can get past the Steelers phsyicality then I say the Pats have a great chance.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I voted yes. If their defense has a bad day, they're probably just going to score 2x the amount of TDs to make it up =/

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
After the Steelers' destruction, I see their chances of going 16-0 as very, very likely. It sucks.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
I've gotta agree. The Steelers had the best chance to beat the Pats, I can see them going undefeated until the playoffs. After that I'm not sure. It's bad when a team can throw for over 300+ yards a game.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The Patriots are retarded if they play their starters the entire game in their last few games. Winning the Super Bowl is a lot more important than going undefeated, so it's not worth the risk of losing players to injury.

They're definitely the best team in the NFL, but they're far from unbeatable. They'll probably go on to win the Super Bowl, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if a team like Indy or Dallas beats them in the playoffs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V NFL 36
Babe_Ruth NFL 17
Babe_Ruth NFL 1
StroShow NFL 3
Doc NFL 0