• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Patriots tried "the wall-trip" to the Jet's in Week 2

BigBob

Registered Member
Well rumors surfaced that the Patriots tried to do the same thing to the Jet's as the Jet's did to the Dolphin's a few weeks ago. No video proof was shown... until now.

NFL on FOX - Video Highlights and Commentary about the National Football League - FOX Sports on MSN

How's the Jet's actually find out? They sind a Patriot's practice squad player and he squealed.

Last month, the NFL fined the Jets $100,000 for forming a wall on a punt return, which resulted in the tripping of Dolphins gunner Nolan Carroll by Jets strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi. Jets special-teams coordinator Mike Westhoff declared in the wake of the controversy that the Patriots do the same thing.

Now, Jay Glazer of FOX has gotten his hands on evidence to support that assertion.

Moments ago, Glazer showed video of a loose alignment of Patriots players along the white stripe during a Jets punt. Though they weren’t standing shoulder to shoulder and toe to toe like Sal Alosi and his North Jersey mob, six or seven Pats were up on the edge of the sideline, and one of them appears to try to trip the gunner.

Glazer said that the Jets became aware of the maneuver after signing a Patriots practice-squad player, who blew the whistle on his former team.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I still feel that it's just as dirty as the Jets doing it with the only difference really being that the Jets succeeded in tripping the returner.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It's not just these two teams either.

If these guys paid attention to other teams, it's a lot more of a common practice than most people think.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
The Patriots would have done that. Don't get me wrong, I respect the team, but I just thought that something was iffy about them. This is shady and not what the NFL is about.

BigBob

Registered Member
All teams are dirty and do things like this. They're just pissed off that they got caught and decided to take it out on the Patriots. It's what they do to each other.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M NFL 21
goingtopshelf NFL 1
goingtopshelf NFL 3
Babe_Ruth NFL 2
Babe_Ruth NFL 1