Patrick Marleau agrees to 2-year, $12.6 million extension with Sharks

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Sharks19, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Sharks19

Sharks19 Guest

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_y...vLYF?slug=ap-sharks-marleau&prov=ap&type=lgns

NICE!!! Now we're all set for a while!
    :clap: :w00t:

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

The Sharks have been doing a great job re-signing all there key pieces this off-season, Thorton is locked up so is Michalek now they re-sign Marleau to a two year extension, this team should have a lot of success in the upcoming years.

I never expected the Sharks to re-sign him though since they have put a lot of money in Thorton and Michalek.

3. Sharks having been doing a very good signing core players this offseason.

4. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

While this was a great move by the team I think they gave him a huge sum there. I mean he's an amazing player and all but the contract is a little big and with some other good guys out there I think they could have spared a bit.

But yeah good deal for the Sharks because this guy is one of the best pure players in the league and the Sharks face right now for the last little while and atleast for another few years.

5. Sharks19

Sharks19 Guest

I agree about the pay raise a bit. With Thornton's new contract, he's only going to get 7.2 million and Marleau will get 6.3 million. I think with Thornton's huge offensive numbers over the past 5 years he deserves what he's getting whereas Marleau should probably be getting a million less.

But we sill needed to get him signed. I'm really shocked the Sharks were able to keep both players for another couple years. We definitely have one of the best 1-2 punch down the middle.

6. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Im not one bit shocked that the Sharks locked up both guys. Both have said that they are commited to hockey in San Jose and I believe that both will work their ass off to try and make it as good as possible and like you said with both guys under contracts now its a lot easier to do.

It should be another smooth year in the Shark Tank if these two guys get on a roll.