Patrick Kane arrested

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Millz, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Source: Rotoworld.com...

This is a crazy crazy story. Over this much money you punch someone? Really? Are you kidding me?

Wow.

2. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

That is just retarded. You mean to tell me a $1.20 is worth a black mark on your reputation? Some people shouldn't be let out in public.

By the way, where hell did the "KD" go? Haha.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

When I heard this story yesterday I couldn't believe it. He's making millions of dollars and he loses it because the cab won't give him 20 cents because he doesn't have it on him. Yeah Kons it wasn't 1.20 it was 20 cents. He can get in a lot of trouble for this. The Blackhawks must be really worried right now.

4. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

If it was me, I would let it ago for that much. One time my buddy slammed a cabbie's head into the window because he tried to rip us off for taking us the longer way back to our hotel.

5. Puckhead58

Puckhead58 Registered Member

Just from seeing Kane in interviews and hearing this story....I'd say he is a spoiled little punk kid who think he should be able to get away with anything. I hope the league gives him a fine for his actions....this is no way for an NHL Superstar to act towards the public. There is absolutely nothing that the cab driver could have done to deserve this......NOTHING!!

6. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm not in any way saying that athletes shouldn't be held responsible for their own actions, but the way some star athletes are treated from the time they are in high school leads to this sense of entitlement, the feeling that they are above "normal" people. I think that unless this treatment of athletes - where we as a society treat them as something special because of their superior physical abilitys - changes, we are going to see more behavior like this. Just off the top of my head, besides Kane, we have Michael Vick, Terrel Owens, Kobe Bryant, dare I say O.J. Simpson... People who think that normal rules don't apply to them because we have given them a place in society that implies such.

7. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Did I miss something from Millz's quote? Didn't it say he gave him $15 for a $13.80 cab ride? That'd be $1.20 where I went to school. Maybe I read something wrong?

Either way...

Cabbie's attorney says Patrick Kane incident overblown - ESPN

Looks like he won't even get a felony.

8. Puckhead58

Puckhead58 Registered Member

It doesn't matter if it was $5 in the difference....nobody has the right to start punching someone for no reason...and a Cabbie not having the correct change isn't a good enough reason. If Kane wasn't such a jerk...he would have told the cabbie to keep the change. Its not like Kane can't afford it.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

That is funny as fuck. I mean really... Punched the Cabbie for holding on to a 2 dollar tip :hah:

Tough times I guess right?!?!?!

Also... "Punched him in the Face & Head".... last time I checked the face and head are attached, lmao thats like saying I poked you in your hair and scalp :hah:

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well he as a court date set for next week, the lawyer of the cab driver came out and said that the cab driver over reacted. So in my opinion Kane is going to buy him out and he's only going to get a slap on the wrist. That's what I believe the outcome of the case will be.