Patience

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ysabel, Aug 8, 2008.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Are you generally patient? When do you normally lose your patience?

I have difficulty with patiently waiting. I feel that waiting is one of the most humbling experiences in life. Whether we wait for someone, wait for news, wait for things to happen...a second of waiting sometimes feels like a minute of agony.

Then there's poor service too. I'm more patient when I know they're doing their best, despite their inability to provide excellent service. But if poor service is a result of simply not doing simple/basic things, I get impatient and feel compelled to do something about it.

A mix of this two would be long waits in the restaurant. It doesn't help when I'm really hungry. It takes a lot of energy from me to not :rant:.

2. Corona

Corona Registered Member

I'm very good at patiently waiting because I can just sort of lose myself in my thoughts. Probably an effect of being an only child.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I'd say it depends on the situation. Sometimes I can wait for quite a while for something while other times I am impulsive. Overall I'd say I'm pretty patient though.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Heh, I consider myself patient because I'm the oldest out of four. Guess it can work both ways.

5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Patience is something I have very little of towards the tolerance of people. However waiting in line at a restaurant I can be more tolerant of as well as waiting in line at the grocery store. Regular stores irk me.

6. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Patience? What is this word you speak of?:confused:

I have very little to none in most situations. I'm always gauging things on how much of my life the situation is taking away and most times it's unacceptable.

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

That too. Sometimes I feel like I could do other things more productive than waiting, except in some cases it's the only option (like when you cannot advance until the thing you're waiting for arrives and decides your next step).

8. Rectify88

Rectify88 Registered Member

I learned patience at an early age. Being an only child like Corona, you sort of go I not yourself, I'm really patient because being the virtuous person that I am it's a good thing to practice. It's like having mental Stamina. I rarely ever loose my patience. Probably the only time is when there is an obscene amount of traffic at a time when there doesn't need to be. Usually I can control it but when I'm wired or bothered I usually can get restless. I like the challenge of it.

9. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

I'm so patient to the point that it drives my wife nuts. You see, she's the exact opposite. She has zero patience and absolutely hates to wait for anything. But we live in New York and it's unavoidable. There always situation where you have no choice but to wait. So I try and make sure that I always have something to read to help make the waiting easier.

10. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I consider myself very patient, except when someone asks me the same question 3 times in 2 minutes. That gets under my skin, because just listen the first time and don't waste my time..