• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Patent....copyrite..HELP!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Has anyone ever applied for either? I'm workin' on something pretty original that I really think with time, will take off!
There are wayyyy to many people out there who refuse to use their own imagination, so instead steal others ideas!! I don't want this to happen to me, but I have no clue how to get a patent (or whatever) started.

Anybody?

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
AngelsPeak said:
Has anyone ever applied for either? I'm workin' on something pretty original that I really think with time, will take off!
There are wayyyy to many people out there who refuse to use their own imagination, so instead steal others ideas!! I don't want this to happen to me, but I have no clue how to get a patent (or whatever) started.

Anybody?

well I have never had anything patented. But I do know that you want to stay away from people offering patents on the internet. Alot of them are just scams. I would contact the U.S. Patent office and they should send you a package of information on how to get yourself started. I know that they are Legit, but I don't know about any others.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Call around to some local law firms in your area. A patent is something you really should have filed professionally.. However, it will cost you quite a bit over time. It lasts for 17 years, and the initial application process will cost a few hundred to secure your application, and proove that you had the idea when you did. Next, a year later will cost around $5,000 for all the paperwork of officially filing it. Then assuming it gets approved, it will cost a total of around $20,000 over the life of the patent.

It's not cheap. My numbers could be off. Make some local calls and see if you can come up with better news. :)

Nanner

Registered Member
My nephew (who is 22) just patented something that has VERY interested buyers.....worth more millions than us mere mortals can even think about! Want me to ask him some ???'s?
Although I think his biz partner did most of the leg work (he's the inventor) he would still know something?

Then again Andrew gave a great answer....and yes, they did use an attorney so I'd start with that???

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Gawd the cost!!:-o I don't know if I can afford not to be mimicked!! ~sigh~...I would appreciate any extra info, but in the meantime, I wonder if there is any other way to keep the copy cats away...I only have so much room in my backyard for bodies, so that idea won't work!!:lol: