Passport Question??

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
As I have dual nationality, I have two passports; a kiwi one and a British one. Later on this year i'm flying to the UK and this is where my problem arises.

If I check out of NZ with my Kiwi passport, do I have to check into England on that one, or can I skip the long queue at the airport and check in with my British one? The problem being, that there would be no stamp in my British one to show where i'd been. And then if I have to check in with Kiwi one I get the long ass queue. Or do I show both? :confused:

Anyone have any info/ideas about this?

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
lol! I have a British passport and a NZ passport too! :lol: Although, I've never travelled on my NZ one before, but my brother has.

I think you could probably fly from NZ with your NZ one and actually check into the UK with your British one. I don't think they would actually have a problem with that. I mean, you have a british passport so they can't exactly tell you to get lost and go to the other long ass queue can they, since you have a legit British Passport.
If I were you I would check into the UK with your British one.

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
As I have dual nationality, I have two passports; a kiwi one and a British one. Later on this year i'm flying to the UK and this is where my problem arises.

If I check out of NZ with my Kiwi passport, do I have to check into England on that one, or can I skip the long queue at the airport and check in with my British one? The problem being, that there would be no stamp in my British one to show where i'd been. And then if I have to check in with Kiwi one I get the long ass queue. Or do I show both? :confused:

Anyone have any info/ideas about this?

Haha. I used to have double passports but the other expired before I had to travel.

Just bring both to be safe. But I think you should use the Brit one since the queue at the airport for getting inside the country, is longer than trying to get out of it. And I assume UK has more people coming in than NZ.

Who knows, maybe the stamps would be irrelevant. I don't think my passport got stamped when I went to any EU country or even the UK with my French passport. Do you they stamp NZ passports when you get out of NZ?

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Do you they stamp NZ passports when you get out of NZ?
No they didn't last time. I just thought it would seem a bit dodgy if I check into the UK with my UK passport which won't get stamped, then check back into NZ with my NZ one, which also won't get stamped. :dunno: I just don't wanna get hauled into one of those little interview rooms and interrogated like i've seen on T.V. Maybe i'm just way too paranoid :lol:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
You know I saw a site (somewhere! haha) where it says to US with double passports to get out of the country and get back with the US passport, not their other. So maybe it's the suggested tactic for everyone: travel with your two passports and use the "local" one for going in and out (NZ passport to get in and out of NZ; Brit passport to get in and out of UK).

sb1732

Registered Member
Yep, i think Nixola and ysabel are right. I have an Australian and British passport and i think my parents had a similar sort of problem when we were traveling a couple of years ago. I'm pretty sure you can just use your British one when you get to the UK. They might ask to see your NZ one too though, but im fairly sure there won't be any problems.