Passing for older/younger than you really are?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Mar 23, 2010.

?

When people guess your age?

1. They generally guess younger than I really am.

61.5%
  2. They generally guess it correctly.

12.8%
  3. They generally guess older than I really am.

25.6%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What age range can you pass for? Do people often times think you are older or younger than you really are?

I can pass for any age within 20-30 with ease depending on if I do a close shave and what hair style I am going with at the time. When people ask me how old I am I always ask them how old they would guess and 10 times out of 10 people say I look younger than I really am.

2. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, I managed to pass for 15 the other day :-/ It automatically made me dislike that person. I don't think I look that young. Generally people guess my age give or take a year or 2. I think people online think i'm older than I actually am. I still laugh because Pam/AK thought I was mid/late twenties up until recently :lol:

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm 22 and people think i'm 25-27.
    They can tell it from my voice and looks. That's what they say.

4. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

People usually think I'm about two years older than I am. In grade 9, people thought I'd failed grades. Now if I shave, I can pass for younger lol.

5. Sigurd

Sigurd Internet Dig Dug

I can typically pass for a 20 year old when I am 18, not much of a gap but it's noticeable.

6. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

When I was in my teens I always passed for older which is why I always had to attempt to buy the beer:lol: Now I always pass for younger.

7. Sim

Sim Registered Member

I often pass as a few years younger than I am, especially when I shave, which sometimes is a good thing: It took me a little longer to enter college than usual, because I quit high school, then first did my civic service (alternative to draft), did some jobbing and then finally took the high school final exams required to go to college -- so I was a little older when I entered college than many of the fellow students there. But I never stood out to them as older, as far as I can say.

8. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Last year, when I was only about 5'9, I could pass for younger than 16. But now at 6'1, I could probably pass for 19.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well I look around eighteen-twenty-one years old. I get carded everytime I buy booze or try to get in a club. It doesn't really bother me anymore since I am so use to it by now.

I don't see that changing anytime soon.

10. Skittles

Skittles Registered Member

It differs. When I got makeup on I look older. I've been told both younger and older.