Passenger lands plane safely in Florida after pilot dies

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

That is just luck to actually know how to fly a plane, lucky he was on the plane.

R.I.P Pilot.

3. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

It's a good thing that he was there to save the plane and the people on it. As you said, BR. It's a shame that the pilot died. :shake:

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

You have to commend him for staying calm enough to control the plane in a situation like that, god, even if I had some idea of how to fly a plane I'd still be panicking like crazy when the pilot died. Sad and unfortunate but yeah also lucky at the same time, I guess.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I saw that on the news yesterday. The passengers were lucky that one of them had a knowledge of flying aircrafts even if it doesn't exactly correspond to the plane they needed to navigate.

6. warlic

warlic New Member

Great job by all! Nice bit of flying, ESPECIALLY under the circumstances! EVERYONE who flies ON a plane should learn to FLY a plane! lol

7. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I am not sure how big the plane is but they should have 2 pilots on the plane. If that guy didn't know how to fly the plane, the people on the plane would die and and there could be death and injuries on the ground too.