• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pass

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Got my driving test today. I'm not particularly nervous, although a bit anxious. God I hope the examiner isn't a scumbag, mostly because it costs a fortune to take the damn test and the waiting list is as ample as an elephant's FACE.
If I get through this, this'll probably be one of the best weeks I've ever had. It's been proper nice, hopefully I'm on a roll or something.

*smokes cigarette*

Anyone else wanna share their driving practical test experiences?

Do other countries do the UK style theory and practical tests for driving? Or is it different somehow, I've always wanted to know.

Impact

V.I.P.
Firstly good luck Halfie! I know when I took mine it wasn't nearly as bad as I was imagining it to be.

I know in NZ they do the same kind of test. A theory test to get your learners permit, then a practical to get a restricted licence and another practical to get your full. There though, you don't have to be taught by an instructor, just some who has held a full licence for 2 years. So, back home I can teach people to drive. Scary thought, huh?

Anyway, good luck again. I'm sure you'll do fine

Starfire86

Registered Member
This is what people told me before I took my test:

"Make sure to use both the mirrors AND look over your shoulder for the k-point turn."

and

"They're gonna make you stop at a t-junction where you can't see around the curve down the road. Stop at the sign, wait 3 seconds, then slowly nudge out to look for on-coming traffic."

Those were things that my specific examiner looked for, but hopefully it helps you a little.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I didn't have any real problem with my test, to be honest. I didn't turn my head far enough left when I was checking to the left so I lost points for not looking left a few times but it wasn't enough to disqualify me. Got my license on the first shot.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Technology 0
HabsMike25 Wrestling 5
Hilander General Discussion 12
HabsMike25 Wrestling 6
HabsMike25 Wrestling 11