• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Participating in Polls

orbitalcows

Registered Member
It appears that you need 50 posts to participate in a poll. I think this limit should be lower (like maybe 10). It should be just high enough to prevent spam bots from voting in polls.

If I have enough posts to create a new thread, I should have enough to participate in a poll.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
It appears that you need 50 posts to participate in a poll. I think this limit should be lower (like maybe 10). It should be just high enough to prevent spam bots from voting in polls.

If I have enough posts to create a new thread, I should have enough to participate in a poll.
All members can create threads from 0 postcount, so if having enough posts to create a thread is the criteria for participating in a poll, then any member (with or without posts) can vote in a poll. And this doesn't match your other suggestion of 10 min posts to participate in polls.

Anyway, I don't remember the exact limit for newbies to participate in polls, except for voting in the MotM thread (and that's for all members, and only posts made within the last month to determine if you've been active enough in the site to actually make a more "informed" choice when picking a candidate from the list).

I always thought that newbies could vote though because we have several poll threads (what is your age, your continent, etc) that newbies post in and cast their votes. Or were you referring to just creating your own polls? :shifteyes: