"Part of Me" - Royce Da 5'9" - Music with a message.

Jeru

Registered Member
This is not my favorite song that he has done but he really hits it hard at the end. Makes me kinda wish more people would know that its worth because the beginning might make a few people think its just another throw away song and then he gets you thinking right at the end. All in All Nickel-9 mastered his craft.

Just curious, what is your favorite song of his?

I'm a pretty big Royce fan. I'd say I liked his CD Death is Certain best, dark but full of great songs. He does a great job as the "head" of Slaughterhouse. And I am sure Street Hop will be another underground classic.

But I agree, the ending is great. makes me cringe. Ha.

Jeru

Registered Member
i dont want to give such a generic answer but i really do like "Boom" a whole lot.
But have you heard "Warriors" from the revival mixtape, Oh Boy! I love how they sample "The Warriors" movie with the girl that talks on the radio...

...check the scene boppers...ah its great

and then i dont necessary like "give up your guns" but it came to mind when you asked so it is probably up there in the top 5

Yeah, I enjoyed the Revival EP - it was great having that, Budden's EP and Slaughterhouse CD all within a few weeks. Christmas in July/August. Haha.

Jeru

Registered Member
Im not a big fan of Budden, actually Royce is the only one i really listen to from Slaughter House, occasionally i will throw on a crooked I tape

Im not a big fan of Budden, actually Royce is the only one i really listen to from Slaughter House, occasionally i will throw on a crooked I tape
Oh man, sad to hear that.

I'd say Joey is easily my favorite rapper right now. Followed closely by Nickel and Crooked. I am warming up to Joell though, thought he would be the weak link of the group, turns out he was better than the veterans on a few SH tracks.

Crooked I's quoatables from the SH CD fill up like 3 pages. Haha.

Can anyone fix the damn thread title? Throw a 'y' in between the O and C. Please?

Jeru

Registered Member
you heard about babycakes getting rocked by "chefs crew" :lol:
whats your stance on that?

...watch what you say boy, you wont like me when i am angry :evil:

I think 6-on1 or 6-on-2 is always a bitch move. Joey looked a little 'eh for taking one to the shoulder/eye and not throwing anything back. Then Crooked and half the West Coast made things far more even. Ha.

All in all, I would've much rather heard a handful of diss songs. Would've been more enteraining to me.

Jeru

Registered Member
yea 6 on 1 is a little sheepish and let someone else handle it besides rae himself is kinda dissapointing, but Joey did catch a L and i dont think it is smart for him to try rekindle the beef because he has more to lose, and not to mention beef with a vet like Raekwon during the Bring the real hip hop back movement is almost more deadly then the shoulin style :lol: