• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Parsons signs an offer sheet with Mavs

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say Mavericks and Rockets RFA Chandler Parsons have reached agreement on three-year offer sheet worth in excess of $45 million
This would be a tremendous addition to Dallas and if the Rockets do land Bosh than no way they can match this.

Also, this would be a slap in the Houston since he would be now playing for a division rival.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Parsons would be a great addition to the Mavs, as Bizzy said. He's a good all-around SF and would fit right in w/ Dallas. However, Houston can match, even if they sign Bosh, as the Rockets own his bird rights and can go over the cap to re-sign him.

VJ_Sportsgeek

Parsons on the Mavs would be really solid. Allowing him to work under Caryle, whose worked with stars like Marion, VC, Howard, etc. at the wing position will help Parsons alot. Hes probibly going to be relied upon more, and lets see how he sticks up

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
“@Caplan_NBA: Mavs GM Donnie Nelson tells reporters Chandler Parsons offer sheet has NOT been submitted to Rockets, so the 72-hour clock hasn't started.”

knickstape2107

Registered Member
They were looking at a possible sign-and-trade, but Dallas has now delivered the offer sheet, so the Rockets have 72 hours to match (saw it on Marc Stein's TL). Bosh has to decide what to do quickly because the Rockets can sign both Bosh and Parsons, IF they sign Bosh first, THEN sign Parsons (bird rights). Likely can't sign both if they sign Parsons first. I see lots of decisions coming in the next 3 days.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Chandler Parsons is headed to Dallas. According to Yahoo, the Rockets won't match Parsons' offer sheet. They signed Ariza, but still could match Parsons because they had his bird rights so they could've gone over the cap to re-sign him. They lost out on Bosh and now Parsons. Ariza is good but the Rockets downgraded here. Parsons is better and younger. So far, the Rockets have been losers in the offseason.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ouch.

Went from getting Bosh and Parsons to only Ariza. Huge loss for Houston and huge move for the Mavs