TV Parks and Recreation

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Ok, so I watched the pilot episode. I'm guessing that it's from the writers of The Office, because the format is almost exactly the same. The female lead is Michael Scott reincarnated. The setup of the show is the exact same way with the interviews and one liners...I'm just not seeing a whole lot of originality, and I'm not sure that I'm going to watch this show. I'll probably give it a couple more episodes, at least.

Anyone else watch it?

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ya know I didnt watch it but I did want too...just to give it a shot at least. I think Amy Poehler (sp) is pretty funny. I'll try and catch here this week

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Ya know I didnt watch it but I did want too...just to give it a shot at least. I think Amy Poehler (sp) is pretty funny. I'll try and catch here this week
Yeah, I couldn't remember her name when I made this thread and was too lazy to look it up. lol

Haven't seen it, probably won't. It looks like a dumb version of The Office (and I think The Office is way overrated).
You probably don't have a dry sense of humor then. Most people that I know of that love it have one.

DLFerguson

Registered Member
Haven't seen it, probably won't. It looks like a dumb version of The Office (and I think The Office is way overrated).
Agreed. THE OFFICE is a show that's way overstayed its welcome. It's a show that revels in the idea that's it's so hip and clever and its neither.

Marvelous1

Registered Member
I watched one episode of this series. I didn't think it was that great and I didn't really find it funny. I think those posters who said this show is really just a clone of The Office were right on the money.:cool: