Parents of MySpace hoax victim seek justice

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Nightsurfer, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi all. I read this earlier today and thought I would share this.

As a parent I think the Mother that started the Hoax should be held responsible for her part in the teens death.

This is just wrong on so many levels.

2. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

Yeah,
    Not sure what part is the most disgusting.

*The Mom and daughter took turns responding under the fake myspace name.
    *There is no law against this.
    *The other family refused to apologize.

urgghh.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

There are so many ways the blame can be placed in something like this, but the bottom line still reads the same...a young life, full of promise has ended.
    My first question is this, why would parents let a girl so young have a MySpace account to begin with? They saw the hurt this account was causing, why did they let it continue? I'm sorry but kids this young have a difficult enough time dealing with the everyday realities of life, add cyberspace to the mix and they are in way over their heads!
    As far as the family who created the faux beau, I cannot begin to dig deep enough into my vocabulary to find a vile enough word fitting this situation. How incredibly immature of that mother to do something like that, then to bring her daugter into it?? :mad: There will always be conflicts among young girls, they've always been around, always will be, but when a parent/role model involves themselves in such an immature way, what kind of lesson could she have hoped her daughter would gain? Regardless of the tough, I don't care attitude this family has cloaked themselves in, they will have to live the rest of their lives knowing they contributed to the death of another human being.
    How sad is that?

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Impersonating somebody you are not online should be illegal. It's unfortunate that these kinds of things happen, and even more so that people who do these pranks don't even seem to care about the people that they effect.

I wonder if the family can even have a case against either MySpace or the pranksters.

Maybe it's high time MySpace gets knocked off their high horse of internet popularity until they take steps to stop the cyber bullying that goes on. This certainly isn't the first time something like this has happened, and unless steps are taken, it won't be the last. :(

5. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

That is truely sad and I think charges should be pressed against that family. If they had a problem with that girl, that should of settled it like an adult. What they did was childish. If they had a problem with that girl, they should of talked to that girls parents.

What was really sad was that they never even apologized to the family.

6. CaliforniaSteve

CaliforniaSteve Registered Member

While I feel that there should be someone held accountable for this tragedy, I know that nothing will come of it. There are no true laws to press charges, maybe emotional damages at most. It angers me to see people treat each other like this, especially through someone who doesnt even exist. Further proof that the world is going to hell.