• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Parents leave child in Forest

thealigator

Registered Member
Search continues for boy after parents left him in Hokkaido mountains as punishment

The search continued Monday for a 7-year-old boy after his parents admitted to leaving him in the mountains as punishment and that he did not get lost during a hike as they first claimed, police said.

About 130 rescuers and police officers searched for a third day in mountains in Nanae, Hokkaido, after Yamato Tanooka went missing Saturday, a police spokesman said.

His parents originally told the police that he got lost while the family was walking in the area to pick wild vegetables.

The boy’s 44-year-old father, Takayuki Tanooka, eventually told the police they left the boy in the mountains on the way home from a park after scolding him for throwing stones at cars on a nearby road.
Source: The Japan Times

SO OKAY, the kid was dumb, he shouldn't have been throwing rocks I agree, the child should have been punished and told by his parents in a safe environment why not and in said safe environment be punished but to leave the child in a forest, drive away and then come back is just ridiculous. I really hope this child is found and I hope that these parents feel VERY guilty for this. To make matters worse the dad knew what he had done was wrong as:

The father told a TV Asahi reporter that he when he initially asked the police to search for the boy, he could not bring himself to tell them what really happened.
That is a pure admission of guilt and that he knows for a fact he has fucked up. Big time. I am sorry if I sound cold here but what were they thinking? It is one thing to walk away slowly from a crying child whilst watching them and saying you are leaving them but always watching them but to physically leave the are in a car? In a forest? Woah.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The kid should be punished for throwing rocks but not left in the forest alone. Leaving him like that was stupid.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
The things I'd do to those idiotic parents. I would drive them in the forest and leave them there FOREVER. Meanwhile, I'd treat the kid to some ice cream and arcades.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Yeah, I heard on the radio that he found shelter in some sort of abandoned military compound and he survived literally on drinking water from the sink in there and he was sleeping cramped between 2 mattresses. That's unreal.

thealigator

Registered Member
I am very pleased that the child was found alive and well. I am uncertain of the punishment that should be placed onto the parents. I will need to think about that.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not sure if they should be punished. They seemed genuinely sorry they left him there. Maybe a week of worrying is punishment enough. It would make me crazy if my son was missing but I wouldn't abandon him like that either.

I do think they should be investigated to determine if they are good parents and aren't in the habit of doing stuff like this. Question the neighbors, kid, that type of thing.

thealigator

Registered Member
I would hope that the guilt and worry is tremendous upon. I am not a parent so I really cannot judge that much, it would be somewhat bad of me to judge a situation I know nothing about it but with that being said I would hope I would never do something so irresponsible and stupid.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree, I hope they were so worried they couldn't sleep at night. I hope for the kids sake they are good parents and this incident was a first.