Parenting at it's best...

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by AngelsPeak, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

2. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

Poor kid, i probably would have slept in the car too.

Blueyes likes this.
  3. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I really don't think it's the mother's fault. How would she know that someone would take the car?

Hell, when my parents dragged me to bars with them when I was younger (more often than not, on school nights) I would go crash in the car.

4. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

The mother shouldn't have been aware that her loud party drove her 4 year old to sleep in the car? The fault begins with her and ends with the idiot who drove the car.
    I'm sorry Hime, but what your parents did was wrong as well.

Blueyes likes this.
  5. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Ooooh, I didn't know the mother wasn't aware of the child in the car, I thought she was, but not aware of the woman taking the car.

Okay, yeah, mother's fault.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

thats horrid. what ever happened to parents actually putting their children first?

I mean at least keep them in a place where you can watch over them if you're gonna drink and/or party!

[​IMG]

Blueyes likes this.
  7. Elf1

Elf1 Registered Member

Going to top the story for parenting at its best...

Here in Vegas, there is a family who has several kids.

On getting back home one day, they didn't realize their youngest (4 years old), who is also disabled, never made it into the house.

The child was left in the car for 17 hours. Vegas, where summers get to 120 outside, inside a car it gets over 140F.

Child died.

The parents thought the oldest child took care of the youngest. They had no idea.

Seems that the parents usually came home and went into their room, the only clean and tidy room in the house. They don't keep track of the kids, even during meals, and they don't check on the kids before going to bed themselves.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

The only problem I see here is why the mother didn't get the kid a sitter. I mean, this could have happened over a several minute or hour period, we don't know. Angels, you can't honestly tell me that you expect parents to know 24/7 where their children are (definitely), can you? For all we know, the kid was going to crash in her room and her mother knew, but then the kid decided it was still too loud inside so the kid snuck out. It may have only been minutes after she snuck out that the random woman who took the car drove off.

If anything, I'd say it's the nut who drove off and didn't notice the kid in the car.

People are very judgmental and very quick to throw other parents under the bus. It's like a goddamn competition these days. Parents try and eliminate each other so that they're the only ones left, it's weird. Also, I guarantee you that if this kid was 13 instead of 4, it wouldn't be as big a deal to some people. Doesn't that strike you as wrong?

9. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

when the child is 4 years old and in the parent's possessory care, yes.

Blueyes likes this.
  10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Like I said, you ignore the fact that it may not be a case of the woman being a crazed failure of a parent. She may have even put the kid in her room and told her to stay put, we just don't know.

I think people are just very . . easy to rage when it comes to parents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.