Parenthood

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
Is parenthood a right or a privilege?

If someone want's to be a parent, I think they should be able to only if they can give the child the best care possible.

M

Moiraine

I think its a privilege which most people have until CPS discovers they are incapable of taking care of another being.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
If they want to have a kid, they have to think about what duties they need to do to grow the kid up. Change the nappies, calm them down when they cry and take care of them. I have seen so many parents that beat up their kids out of no where. That is just bad parenting and makes me wonder "You didn't deserve that kid if you are going to treat him like that for rest of his life.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Any fool with a dick can make a baby, but only a real man can raise his children.
Furious, Boyz N Da Hood

Parents should be closely watched. Just because you are capable of bearing children does not mean you can provide for them and treat them well. If you can't prove that you can take care of your children, then the government should be able to give them to a family that can.

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
Furious, Boyz N Da Hood

Parents should be closely watched. Just because you are capable of bearing children does not mean you can provide for them and treat them well. If you can't prove that you can take care of your children, then the government should be able to give them to a family that can.

How would they prove this, and to whom would they prove it? What standards of care should be set. Sorry, Kaz, this is not a good argument. Just as we're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty we should be allowed to raise our children as we see fit, up and until we put them in harms way.

Hoosier.

M

Mr Casey

Define parenthood.

TO some people, it means monitering their kids heavily so as to shelter and retain morals in them. TO others, it means putting food on the table and giving the kids a place to stay.

Please specify.

S

Sgt Schultz

How would they prove this, and to whom would they prove it? What standards of care should be set. Sorry, Kaz, this is not a good argument. Just as we're supposed to be innocent until proven guilty we should be allowed to raise our children as we see fit, up and until we put them in harms way.

Hoosier.
I absolutely agree. I have had people tell me that I'm an unfit parent simply because I'm an atheist and don't take him to church. Are these the people who will decide who is worthy of raising children in our society? Maybe some other group that believes differently than you gets laws passed and decides you are unfit. Then what? All I can say is just try to come and take away my child.

Nosferatu_Alucard

Undead Intellectual
Define parenthood.

TO some people, it means monitering their kids heavily so as to shelter and retain morals in them. TO others, it means putting food on the table and giving the kids a place to stay.

Please specify.
Listen to what you just said. They're the same thing. Besides the morals, sheltering them is putting food on the table and giving them a place to stay.

I

indieinmich

This is a very fine line.
When a childs life is in danger either because of neglect and or abuse of course something should be done.
But when we are talking about life style and morals or religion then we cross the line.
I have a very large family and a few close friends.Many of whom have children.These are people I love and am close to.But I do not always agree with their parenting choices.At times I feel that some of their choices could be detrimental to their children.I am sure they would sat the same of me.I know i have made mistakes in my parenting.I am not a perfect mother.Neither are my friends or my family members.We are all just people trying to do our best raising our children the best we know how hopefully improving on the jobs our parents did and hopefully our children will improve their parenting skills with their children and so on and so on.
My parents werent the best parents in the world.I carried some baggage around with me for awhile.Then I realized that they were only human.And I wondered where this high and mighty expectation I had came from?
I see news stories about women neglecting or abusing their children.My heart goes out to those children and they certainly need someone on their side speaking for them.But the best thing for these children the thing these children want the most is for their mother to care for them.Our focus should be on healing and rebuilding the family.Not taking children away from so called undeserving people.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Pretty easy. Abuse, neglect, or malnutrition could be reported by teachers or other people that the child interacts with. If you homeschool, officials should visit your house to make sure you are keep an acceptable standard. Standards could be based upon height/weight percentile for malnutrition, and an abnormal amount of bruises in spots typical for abuse. Parents have already been charged with malnutrition based on height/weight percentile, and hairdressers among others have been used to report abuse marks.

Just as innocent until proven guilty, parents should be in charge of their kids until signs of abuse or malnutrition are discovered and reported.