• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Parent knocked out in fight with youth football coach

shelgarr

Registered Member
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/apr/09/pee-wee-coach-arrested-after-fight/

Parent knocked out in fight with youth football coach

Police arrest the coach after attack in Lincoln Park

By Pauline Repard Originally published April 9, 2011 at 6:40 p.m., updated April 9, 2011 at 11:10 p.m.
SAN DIEGO — A youth football coach was arrested during a game in Lincoln Park Saturday after he allegedly attacked a parent, who was knocked unconscious when he hit the ground, San Diego police said.
The coach, Saivaauli Savaiinea, 32, was arrested on suspicion of felony battery on the parent, also age 32, police Officer David Stafford said.
The men reportedly got into an argument at Abraham Lincoln High School on Imperial Avenue near 48th Street. Savaiinea allegedly punched the parent in one shoulder and kicked him in the stomach. The parent, who tripped over his own feet, fell and hit his head on concrete, Stafford said. The blow knocked the parent unconscious.
Police said the two men were with opposing teams from Chula Vista. The coach reportedly thought he overheard the parent trying to recruit the best player from the coach's team, police Lt. Dan Christman said.
Police and paramedics were called about 2 p.m. and the parent was taken to a hospital. Stafford had no word on his condition.
It always amusing how much emphasis some coaches/parents put on sports. My daughter is a top 5 runner, but the top 4 have all sort of aspirations driven by the adults around them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
This kind of stuff happens all of the time in kids sports. We get these links anywhere between 2-5 times a year.

It all stems from the parents being overly competitive and holding too much value in in a win or loss in a game that really doesn't matter at all. I always feel like they follow a "I'm better than you because my kid is better than yours" mentality.

Saffy

Registered Member
I often wonder what it would be like to ban the parents from being present,,, much calmer i bet:lol:

viLky

ykLiv
The title of the article is a little misleading because of this:

The parent, who tripped over his own feet, fell and hit his head on concrete, Stafford said. The blow knocked the parent unconscious.
Technically, he knocked himself out. And, for that reason I cracked a smile. I know, I know, I'm a bad guy.

I also agree with Steve, these stories are all over the place. Just check out YouTube and you'll see so many little league fights. It's crazy how parents and coaches take it so seriously. Thank goodness I never joined a little league. I was always locked in my room playing Super Mario Bros. The only violence I had to contend with was Bowser throwing fireballs and axes at me.

Reactions: Doc

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Yay, what great examples of sportsmanship and maturity for their kids and other kids present. :rolleyes: