• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 1 PaRappa the Rapper

yooperchick

Registered Member
Ok. I owned this game at one time. And, I liked it! I thought the onion guy was so cool and the raps were quite catchy. I actually totally forgot about this game until I saw a screen shot on G4. I do have some good memories having a few drinks with friends and playing this one.

Anyone else remember this one?

Wrecked

Registered Member
PaRappa was fun, but Um Jammer Lammy was much better.

Um Jammer Lammy was just like PaRappa but instead of spiting out lyrics, you played tunes on a guitar. and if you were jamming really well, you'd get to that special ranking and would be able freestyle a solo.

but my fav series from these button timing music games would have to be Bust-A-Groove [ Bust-A-Move was the japanese version ]. the game is very rare now, but it's so much fun, and some of the songs were pretty cool.

yooperchick

Registered Member
I haven't played Um Jammer Lammy, but I heard it was pretty good. I always seem to like the more music oriented games.

The only problem with those games is that you have the tunes stuck in your head for days after.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I've always wanted to play PaRappa the Rapper. I saw a demo a long time ago, which I never actually got to play, and have wanted it since. I have been able to rent the sequel, though, but I still have yet to play the original.