• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Paranormal Activity

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
Use the search bar, that's usually the best thing to do before making any thread. I don't feel like I need to watch it again so soon, it's kind of a one trick pony. The lower your expectations the more you'll probabaly enjoy this. I'm the same, I love a good scare at the cinema but it's been so long since anything actually delivered on the promise. To be fair, this one came closest.

will do! Thanks!:D

Well that's a good sign!, lol.

What horror film scared you the most?
------
I wouldn't class it as scary, there are parts of it that make you jump a bit, and make you think, hey, wait a minute, that's a bit, but, i wouldn't exactly class it as scary.

It is a really good film though, the time of film that you can't watch over and over though

yeah, I don't think I'd watch it over and over again. Probably just once in a while- when I'm in the mood or something.:)
------
Yeah, I've seen it. It was pretty freaky at times, but it was more of a "owtf!" horror than an "OMFGGGG NOOOOOOO" kind of horror.

It was creepy more than anything. Definitely some moments in it which scared me. :hah:
:laugh:
...that's okay, I don't mind the creepy, "owtf" kind once in a while.;)

Last edited:

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I am so happy I found this place. I seriously thought there must be something wrong with me loving horror flicks as much as I do! They don't scare me at all and I get a real kick out of watching them, preferably with someone who is frightened of them. Then I point and laugh uncontrollably. :raspberry:

I haven't seen it yet and I will have to wait to see it to really judge it.

Having said that though, collegehumor.com has spoiled it for me big time. I've seen one too many spoofs on it and I think I will laugh throughout the entire movie. I am pissing myself laughing just thinking about the spoofs they made of it. :lol2:

Poetosis

Registered Member
Paranormal Activity was an interesting film/experience to say the least. The majority of the film ticks all of the right boxes for a decent, psychological American horror and pulls it off well when you have the right audience (i.e. someone that hates horror films).

The ending, however, was a travesty.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
It's boring. I've seen just a bit of it, 2 times ... and interrupted it. I was expecting something horror while the only thing I saw is how 2 people live with each other while filming their lives.

I haven't seen it til the end. I have barely seen the quarter of it ... both times I left it.
Couldn't be interested in watching more.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
What horror film scared you the most?
The scariest cinema experience I've ever had was when I watched a korean film called A Tale Of Two Sisters. I'd gone to watch Dodgeball with my girlfriend and on our way out we noticed that they were showing a korean horror for one day only. We thought we'd take the chance and it turned out to be the most uncomfortable I've ever been in a cinema. Great film and it now sits proudly on my DVD shelf. Sometimes you have to take risks with films :lol:

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I am so happy I found this place. I seriously thought there must be something wrong with me loving horror flicks as much as I do! They don't scare me at all and I get a real kick out of watching them, preferably with someone who is frightened of them. Then I point and laugh uncontrollably. :raspberry:

I haven't seen it yet and I will have to wait to see it to really judge it.

Having said that though, collegehumor.com has spoiled it for me big time. I've seen one too many spoofs on it and I think I will laugh throughout the entire movie. I am pissing myself laughing just thinking about the spoofs they made of it. :lol2:
awww, I can't make fun of someone who is frightened, although I will make a little comment once or twice after the film, lol.

My husband purchased the film yesterday, we are going to watch it this evening!:spin: I'll let you know what I thought of it, tomorrow.:nod:
------
Paranormal Activity was an interesting film/experience to say the least. The majority of the film ticks all of the right boxes for a decent, psychological American horror and pulls it off well when you have the right audience (i.e. someone that hates horror films).

The ending, however, was a travesty.
I heard the ending was over the top which is such a shame.:-/
------
It's boring. I've seen just a bit of it, 2 times ... and interrupted it. I was expecting something horror while the only thing I saw is how 2 people live with each other while filming their lives.

I haven't seen it til the end. I have barely seen the quarter of it ... both times I left it.
Couldn't be interested in watching more.
Really? Wow. You're the first person who's said they were bored watching it / couldn't finish watching it... This slightly concerns me. <biting nails>
------
The scariest cinema experience I've ever had was when I watched a korean film called A Tale Of Two Sisters. I'd gone to watch Dodgeball with my girlfriend and on our way out we noticed that they were showing a korean horror for one day only. We thought we'd take the chance and it turned out to be the most uncomfortable I've ever been in a cinema. Great film and it now sits proudly on my DVD shelf. Sometimes you have to take risks with films :lol:

Oh I agree entirely. It's all about a person's own personal preference at the end of the day, isn't it?:)

I'm really looking forward to watching this film, whether disappointed or not.

So was that Korean film you and your gf saw, was it a horror flick?

Last edited:

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
Cliffs? do you mean like a synopsis or something?
haha, Yes. I'm sorry.:embarassed:
------
ATTN: I SAW PARANORMAL ACTIVITY LAST EVENING. . .AND......

Well, I have to admit, it wasn't really scary per se. I can't even say that I jumped when things happend, either. There were a couple times where I said, "holy shit" (imagining being in their shoes) but neither one of us were sitting at the edge or our seats with our eyes bulging out of our heads and our mouths wide open or had any trouble sleeping when we went to bed, lol.

I did enjoy the simplicity of it although there probably could have been slightly more in certain places thru-out the film (you'll know what I'm talking about if / when you see it) but that's about it, really.

I did actually like the ending apart from the cheesy grin at the end... They could have easily left that out.

I wouldn't say it's a film you could watch over and over again, as it wasn't that capturing but I'd say it's worth watching at least once.

Last edited: