Movies Paranormal Activity

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I know it's not as new as other films are but I've been wanting to see it but first I'd like to know what other's thought of it overall?
Was it scary or predictable?
Please do not provide any cliffs / spoliers in your answers, thank you! <3

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I want to see it too. My friend went to see it when it was in the cinema and he said it was really really scary.

I'm a bit skeptical on how scary it will be, but you never know. I keep winding him up saying I'm going to buy it on DVD and make him watch it, as he is really scared of it and never wants to see it ever again, apparently :shifteyes:

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I want to see it too. My friend went to see it when it was in the cinema and he said it was really really scary.

I'm a bit skeptical on how scary it will be, but you never know. I keep winding him up saying I'm going to buy it on DVD and make him watch it, as he is really scared of it and never wants to see it ever again, apparently :shifteyes:

Seriously? hahaha!:lol:
...My girlfreind said she and her mother went to the movies to see it and she said they both shat their pants, lol.

I think it goes on sale over here in the UK today and my husband asked me if I wanted it.
...Are you going to go and buy it today??? Too bad we couldn't watch it together, lol.

I love being scared watching a horror flick but there's not alot of "scary films" out there that scare me.:-/ So I thought I'd ask around and see what you guys thought. :D

AwkwardlyYours

Registered Member
I saw it.

It was a decent flick.

But let me tell you, it wasn't nearly as "shit your pants" as I thought it was supposed to be. Everyone said "OMG I HAD TO SLEEP WITH MAH MAMA FOR LIKE A FEW WEEKZ AFTUH BECUZ IT WAS SOOOO SCARY ZOMG!"

I... jumped a few times... but majority of the movie is them SLEEPING. :/ And they're sleeping POORLY too... so it's like... blah.

I don't know. It was amusing and I like how it was semi-realistic? But I still enjoyed the movie...

Also I rarely get so scared that I stay in a state of terror for long after a movie... The only movie that did that to me was Nightmare on Elmstreet when I was 5 or 6 and now I have a Freddy Kreugar dolly in my room that used to hang on my ceiling near my bed before my cousin came over and got scared (she's 4 :/)
------
*hopefully the sleeping comment wasn't a give-away... I swear it's not... <3 There's some creepy junk going on when they're awake too! :D

Last edited:

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I saw it.

It was a decent flick.

But let me tell you, it wasn't nearly as "shit your pants" as I thought it was supposed to be. Everyone said "OMG I HAD TO SLEEP WITH MAH MAMA FOR LIKE A FEW WEEKZ AFTUH BECUZ IT WAS SOOOO SCARY ZOMG!"

I... jumped a few times... but majority of the movie is them SLEEPING. :/ And they're sleeping POORLY too... so it's like... blah.

I don't know. It was amusing and I like how it was semi-realistic? But I still enjoyed the movie...

Also I rarely get so scared that I stay in a state of terror for long after a movie... The only movie that did that to me was Nightmare on Elmstreet when I was 5 or 6 and now I have a Freddy Kreugar dolly in my room that used to hang on my ceiling near my bed before my cousin came over and got scared (she's 4 :/)
------
*hopefully the sleeping comment wasn't a give-away... I swear it's not... <3 There's some creepy junk going on when they're awake too! :D
:laugh:

No, the sleeping comment wasn't a give-away... I kind of figured all the action would happen at night while they were in bed. . .and I'm not talking of a sexual nature, either.:lol:;)
...Although I probably shouldn't just assume anything like that wouldn't happen because if you saw, "The Entitiy" (it was based on a true story) the woman was sexually assulted on several ocassions by the (evil) entity living in her home.

haha, Freddy, Michael, Jason, Chuckie, etc. never scared me- although Pennywise from the film "IT" and The Preacher from "Poltergeist" did give me the creeps, however the films did not.:-/

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
There's quite a few threads on this one already. As I stated in one of them the audience really wrecked this one for me. I was less than amused. You're lucky to be watching it on DVD where you can really set the tone. Usually I love watching horrors in the cinema but I was dealt a bad audience.

It's good in a minimalist way. Don't go in there expecting it to be the scariest film ever. I don't care what all the reviews say, if you watch it expecting that then you will be disappointed come the credits. What it will do is get under your skin. I actually felt a little unnerved going to bed that night which doesnt happen to me very often.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
There's quite a few threads on this one already. As I stated in one of them the audience really wrecked this one for me. I was less than amused. You're lucky to be watching it on DVD where you can really set the tone. Usually I love watching horrors in the cinema but I was dealt a bad audience.

It's good in a minimalist way. Don't go in there expecting it to be the scariest film ever. I don't care what all the reviews say, if you watch it expecting that then you will be disappointed come the credits. What it will do is get under your skin. I actually felt a little unnerved going to bed that night which doesnt happen to me very often.
aw, sorry, I would have checked if this topic was discussed before but I'm not too sure how to go about doing so.:embarassed:

That's really too bad that other people in the movie theaters ruined your enjoyment.:-/
...Maybe you could watch it another time from home? You might enjoy it more then?

Luckily I don't get my hopes up when it comes to a horror flick as I've been let down more times than none.:lol:

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
aw, sorry, I would have checked if this topic was discussed before but I'm not too sure how to go about doing so.:embarassed:

That's really too bad that other people in the movie theaters ruined your enjoyment.:-/
...Maybe you could watch it another time from home? You might enjoy it more then?

Luckily I don't get my hopes up when it comes to a horror flick as I've been let down more times than none.:lol:
Use the search bar, that's usually the best thing to do before making any thread. I don't feel like I need to watch it again so soon, it's kind of a one trick pony. The lower your expectations the more you'll probabaly enjoy this. I'm the same, I love a good scare at the cinema but it's been so long since anything actually delivered on the promise. To be fair, this one came closest.

monstertoad101

Registered Member
I wouldn't class it as scary, there are parts of it that make you jump a bit, and make you think, hey, wait a minute, that's a bit, but, i wouldn't exactly class it as scary.

It is a really good film though, the time of film that you can't watch over and over though

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Yeah, I've seen it. It was pretty freaky at times, but it was more of a "owtf!" horror than an "OMFGGGG NOOOOOOO" kind of horror.

It was creepy more than anything. Definitely some moments in it which scared me. :hah: