Movies Paranormal Activity (Movie)

Staff member
This has got to be one of the weirdest movie trailers I've seen.

Almost weird in a cheesy way. What do you think?

Apple - Trailers - Paranormal Activity

I think the trailer style almost makes me not want to see it. It confused me more than anything.

Certified Shitlord
Confused? How?

It's a limited release film, this trailer is attemtping to convince people that it is worth seeing. Looks pretty fucking awesome to me, I kind of want to see it now. Mindfuck central, here we come!

Staff member
Well, I was confused because of the format they used. Showing an audience watching it. That distracted me from actually paying attention to the trailer itself. It was just not what I expected I guess.
I know what you mean, it was a pretty original trailer that's for sure. I didn't like it much because it makes you feel like that's part of the movie or something, eh, hard to explain.. It's not that bad, doesn't particularly make me want to go see it though.

Registered Member
I just found out about this movie about a week ago, some people try to say this movie doesn't even exist, but I'll keep waiting for it. Especially if it's really as scary as they're making it out to be.

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
The trailer peaked my interest enough to go look up a review, and now I want to see it:

While watching Paranormal Activity, dread was the one word that kept coming back to me over and over again. Every time the camera sat on its perch overlooking the lead couple's bed, I was gripped by an agonizing feeling of foreboding that what I was about to see was going to scare the pants off of me and bring me one step closer to not being able to sleep tonight. Which is why it's now 3:00 AM and I'm writing this review instead of resting comfortably in my own bed. I'm also pausing every few minutes to look over my shoulder in case someone -- or something -- might be lurking there. You are no doubt thinking, "Yeah, right. There's no way some no-budget, no-name docu-style flick is keeping ME up at night!" Well, my friends, I beg to differ. This here is the real deal. Simply put, Paranormal Activity is the most frightening ghost story of the year. I'd bet cash money nobody can watch the entire thing without saying at least three or four times, "That's some fucked up shit." Or, more accurately, "That's some seriously fucked up shit."