Movies Paranormal Activity 2

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Altanzitarron, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

I quite enjoyed the suspenseful break out hit that was Paranormal Activity. It may not be the scariest film ever like some have claimed but it definitely had a way of getting under your skin. It's low budget and "less is more" approach really created a convincing mockumentary.

Not being content to let homicidal ghosts get any peace it seems that a sequel is on the way.

YouTube - Paranormal Activity 2 | OFFICIAL trailer US (2010)

I also noticed on wikipedia that the original cast is returning which, if you seen the original
    seems impossible since Mica is dead. Perhaps they'll be going the route of possesions.

Paranormal Activity is one of those films that didn't really need a sequel so I'll be suprised if I actually take much from it. Hopefully there will be some good enough scares but can it really live up to the original? the first one came out of nowhere and took people by suprise. The sequel won't have that advantage.

2. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Oh wow. I've not heard of a sequel. I couldn't agree with you more. It was not the scariest movie ever, but the low budget approach did give it a creep-factor. There were good two or three times were I got a fright followed by uncontrollable laughter at just how much my friend got scared by it. Good times.

I will definitely be seeing the sequel (with that same friend for the cheap thrills it provides me with). The only thing I can think of is that they will pull out all the stops and make more freaky bits throughout the duration of the movie, which would really be a shame actually. The dog makes a difference to me as well. I am scared for the dog. :lol:

You make a good point about the old characters (first movie spoiler)
    ...and if you saw the alternative ending, they are both very dead!

Should be interesting to see where they go with this. Maybe it will become like the next SAW and we will have a thread going one day about Paranormal Activity 28! :rofl:

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

The first one was a novelty film so I'm sure I'll give this one a try.

Perhaps it's a prequel if it has the original cast?

4. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Perhaps it was her before she got married and how she got demonized. If that is the case, it would be better than a sequel.

5. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Saw the movie last night and i really enjoyed it. I liked it better than the first one.

it was funny how they were looking at the security video on how the pool filter came out of the pool. I couldn't stop laughing.

6. butty92

butty92 Registered Member

Paranormal 2

This is the first of the films I saw last night. Got to say it was weird and I didn't really understand the narrative. It was bit boring and had a Big Brother type format. Not for me and is it heck spooky lol

7. jerrylewis

jerrylewis New Member

I am a die hard fan of this series.I have never watched such a great horror stuff.This is the best one for me.