• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Parallel parking

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Is it something you're good at?

I pretty much stink at parallel parking, I can do it but it usually takes me a few tries before I can get in properly between the two cars, and a lot of times I'm not close to the curb like I should be. If I have someone with me in the car, I'll ask him to go out and make sure I don't hit any cars, which makes my life a bit easier.

I definitely try to avoid it if I can.

Shwa

V.I.P.
I actually like to parallel park, and because I have a small compact car its just a lot easier for me to maneuver into nearly impossible spaces. Plus, I like to stay on my game for knowing how to park in that style, you never wanna get rusty and then mess up when you try after so long. That could end up horribly @[email protected]

~Shwa

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
One of the hardest things I have had to learn in driving lessons. I thought it was hard getting in BEHIND a car without another car there but when I had to park between two cars, I nearly died.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I loved parallel parking when i was learning to drive, but i've only done it once since passing my test :lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
They didn't actually ask me to parallel park in two of my driving test which I was extremely happy about. They asked me how to do a three-point turn(which is extremely easy) and what side your wheels should be if your uphill-downhill parking.

Parking behind in front of a car or behind a car is easy, but parking between two that are fairly close to each other, not so much.

Dragon

V.I.P.
They never taught me parallel parking in driving school. i was in downtown one time and there was an open spot and i had a hard time parallel parking. I finally got the hang of it and enjoy parallel parking whenever i can.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Told a lie, i've done it twice and the second time it was a bitch; i couldn't get my angles right, lol. I hate my aunt's street.

Shwa

V.I.P.
I failed my first driving test because I was using my friends old station wagon, and I had to parallel....yeah, lets just say it didn't go over so well when I knocked the cone down lol. But I took it again using my cougar and passed, compact cars always win for me :D.

~Shwa

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I failed my driver’s test the first time because I couldn’t parallel park correctly. I think everyone I know has failed their driver’s test at least once solely because they couldn’t parallel park. But since then I've had to learn how to do it because it was one of the easiest ways to find parking at UBC. You either had to learn how to do it or you’d have to get up two hours early to take the bus. So yeah, with years of practice and with my mirrors at the right angle, it takes me less than three or four minutes to parallel park.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Is it something I'm good at? My answer is I'm not sure, leaning towards probably not.

When I took my driver's test at age 16, I had practiced it a lot and ended up doing it perfectly during the test (I was really surprised).

Since then, I haven't had to make an attempt to do it once. I'm guessing that I'm so out of practice that giving it a try again wouldn't go well, lol.

Like BR, I avoid it if I can. There are commercials for cars that do it automatically now, I definitely want one! :lol: