Paper or Plastic

Paper or Plastic

• Total voters

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Pretty simple & straight forward question really. When you go to the grocery store or really any other store that poses this question to you....

what is your preference? Paper or Plastic? Why (give at least one good reason)

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I voted for plastic, I hardly ever hear that question asked anymore, but I take plastic because it doesn't tear as easily (at least from my experiences), it's always a bummer to be carrying some food and the bottom of the bag rips out and the glass jars break and you get jelly all over your feet. :lol:

I'll usually just take whatever they give me though it varies depending on what store you go to.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Paper. The bags are a lot stronger and can fit a lot more.
I prefer paper simply because its natural and its re-usable and can be recycled and used over and over again, many times.

These are the two reasons I voted for Paper. If I have the choice I'll always take paper simply because it is stronger and holds more. So I have less of a waste in bags in the end. Then with paper, I am confident in the recycling process, so even with what waste I have left; I feel better recycling the paper bags (which really anymore have already been recycled once) than I do the plastic.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I voted for plastic, I hardly ever hear that question asked anymore, but I take plastic because it doesn't tear as easily (at least from my experiences), it's always a bummer to be carrying some food and the bottom of the bag rips out and the glass jars break and you get jelly all over your feet. :lol:

I'll usually just take whatever they give me though it varies depending on what store you go to.
I've never had a bag rip unless it was wet. Another thing is that paper bags hold their shape, making it a lot easier to transport in the car from the grocery store to home.

Bliss

Sally Twit
We don't get offered paper bags where I am from so it's always plastic. They are starting to charge you for the carrier bags in some supermarkets.
The only thing I get given a paper bag for is fruit and veg when I buy it from a fruit and veg stall.

yeh like bliss said, we dont get the choice of paper bags. I would choose plastic though still, seeing as I usually only buy a couple things and plastic bags are easier to walk around with. If im buying a lot and have my car then I'd probably go with paper, and the recycling factor is a bonus.

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I like paper because it's a lot stronger. There's nothing more annoying than having those weak-ass plastic bags snap on you.