Panthers cut Delhomme

Discussion in 'NFL' started by BigBob, Mar 4, 2010.

1. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

All signs point Matt Moore as the franchise as Panthers part ways with Delhomme. Obviously this was forseen to happen. Who will take the chance of taking Jake?

2. SqueakScolari

SqueakScolari Registered Member

Wow, kind of saw it coming I guess. Going to have to retire my #17 Delhomme jersey now. I hope he is not remember for the year he had this season because he really put in some good years with the Panthers and made them competitive.

I think for the right price, a few teams would look at him as their backups. By all accounts, he is a good guy in the locker room and hopefully, he can regain his touch on the football field but it really looks like his arm is gone on him.

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

The Lions could use him as a good veteran backup if Culpepper retires or heads to another team. He'll make a quality backup.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I was thinking the Rams might look at him but we signed AJ Feeley today so I dont see us going in that direction now.

I think Delhomme is suited to be a veteran backup QB at this stage in his career.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow! That is definitely somewhat surprising, personally I don't see Moore being the answer of this team, he won't do any better than Delhomme in my opinion.

I'm sure there's a few teams out there that are going to take a look at Jake and eventually sign him. His days in the NFL are definitely not numbered.

6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I think you under estimate Matt Moore's abilities...look at his numbers from last year...

7 games
    QB Rating 98.5
    61.6% completion %
    1053 yards
    8 Tds
    2 Ints

That's not bad for a guy who didnt play the whole season and who doesnt have that much help at receiver. I thought it was weird they'd cut Delhomme and then lose Feeley like that. They are playing Delhomme 12 million bucks next year.

Ouch!

7. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Plus he was a huge reason of them beating the Vikings in the regular season last year. He's going to take over in Carolina just like Kolb will be taking over in Philly in the coming years.

8. Kratzenkov16

Kratzenkov16 Registered Member

i'll take aj feeley over jake delhomme at this stage

im sure delhomme will land somewhere but he was god awful last season...

9. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I find it quite funny that Jake gets the axe. In a QB starved league, he was given everything possible for a flash in the pan season, and then he just fell off the world.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I rather have Delhomme over Feely to be honest with you. Nothing against Feely but I just believe that Jake is a better overall quarterback between the two. Yes he hasn't been all that great during the last few seasons, but I still believe he can be a starter in this league with success.