Panic Attacks

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I was wondering if any of you ever experience a panic attack before? If so what caused it(if you want to share it) and how did you react to it...and how many have you had??

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
I was wondering if any of you ever experience a panic attack before? If so what caused it(if you want to share it) and how did you react to it...and how many have you had??
No I've never had one, but I've caused a few.
You need to catch your breath and concentrate on your breathing... talk/count slow in your mind.

Not reeally. Maybe had a mini panic attack once at Anheuser-Busch brewery tour. I ran into a huge poster of an orca (it was an advertisement for sea world) and I just couldn't breathe properly. Luckily my parents (the only people around who know me) weren't directly around at that time. I just ran over to the other side of the room to catch my breath and get over it. My heart felt like it was going to burst right out of my chest and it's the only time I've cried in public.

I don't really know what counts as a panic attack but I'm sure that's the closest I've ever been.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Yeah, I've had a couple, in some very trying times.

The first one I had, I was thinking about getting a divorce. I had spent the weekend with my parents (they live 3 hours away) and asking them for support...helping me move out, etc. On my way back from their place, I just got really overwhelmed, b/c it had been my original plan to wait until after the holidays...but I just couldn't pretend for another 3 months. After that panic attack going back, I ended it when I got home.

The next couple I had were after my grandfather had died. He was like my father, and about the only person that I could talk to about anything without judgment. I was very close to him. I also had a stressful job at the time. I had a particularly bad day at work, and was getting yelled at by customers, and just sort of had one right there in my office. There was one other time after that, that I don't really remember many details of.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I haven't had any yet, hope I don't but you never know what might happen and how it will effect you till it happens.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Never had a panic attack and I as hell sure ain't planning having one any time soon.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
The first and last time I ever experienced panic attacks was when an ex of mine came home drunk and beat the shit out of me (accused me of cheating on him with some DJ) and ended up putting me in the hospital for a few days, anyway, I experienced panic attacks for about a year and a half after that had happend. I didn't go on Xanax or anything, just spoke to a therapist for a bit until I could control them through breathing, eventually they subsided and I have been panic attack-free for over 10 years. :)

wolfheart

Registered Member
I have only ever had one panic attack and it was something that I hope to never go through again.
It happened just after the funeral of my little sister, I had gone for a long walk and was on my own, I felt so completely lost and everything just came crashing down around me.

I think it was that day that it sank in she would never be coming back and it was just to much for me to cope with.