Pandora - Find Music you like

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ds136, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Ds136

Ds136 Guest

I came across this site some time ago and I just absolutely love it.

Basically what you do it type in the name of an artist or song that you like and then their system finds songs and artists that have the same type of musical style and lets you listen to songs by them.

Its a great way to find new music you wouldn't have found otherwise. I highly suggest everyone checks it out.

www.pandora.com

2. Ant On A Log

Ant On A Log Guest

This is really really awesome. I didn't know Sigur Ros was so popular.

3. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I use last.fm for stuff like that. You type in the bands you like (as many of them as you want) and you can cycle thorough internet radio stations playing that music.

4. Ant On A Log

Ant On A Log Guest

bump

it's worth it. this is awesome.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Senator put this in another thread some time ago. It's awesome. It shows you some bands/artists that you'd never look at.

6. Ant On A Log

Ant On A Log Guest

Exactly. I can finally find music that sounds like Sigur Ros.

7. Jungle Jim

Jungle Jim Guest

Yea, I've used pandora for a while, and it takes the band you like and matches you up with other bands that sound similar, way better than listening to radio stations.

8. Dr. Fresh

Dr. Fresh Mmmm.... Lesbians.

Both Pandora and last.fm are awesome. I use those occasionally when I'm tired of my music (but I have lots of music so that's not very often).

9. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

You remembered! XD

I use last.fm to keep track of my most-listened to music, cause it resets on my comp every time I rescan my library... it's a good service. What's your screenname on it?