Palin's Yahoo mail account

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by fleinn, Sep 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fleinn

fleinn 101010

So someone hacked Palin's Yahoo!!! account, and exposed illegally that Palin uses her personal account for political business - to avoid filing requirements for public business. Which is just fine, because there's no reaction to doing so in the highest office either.

But - for some reason advocates of total government scrutiny over people's emails, phone- calls and movements are now crying for making an example of this hacker. Who vidictively spied, yes spied!, on Palin's emails! And leaked it to the press!

Because, apparently, a public persona in the republican party who uses her personal and family life as a prop for the presidential run - has more claim on privacy than does any other american.

Please explain this to me - I don't get it. Do people's heads in GOP camp explode when they see the total break between the two positions - so that only the stalwarth idiots, or the utterly disinterested and ignorant are left to argue? Or is there something else going on?

Such as "if the government does it, that means it's safe (and that it's not the government contractor Jeff over at the South end who is looking at my emails) - but if it's done by a private person, then it's criminal"?

Please - try to explain this to someone who do not instinctively understand how this is correct. Make the effort, and I'll love you forever and worship the american flag.
    ------
    ...good one.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

3. fleinn

fleinn 101010

Lol. Hm. I'll just shut up now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.