• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Palin For President

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Because Palin is his political opposite is why I feel she, or any conservative for that matter, would do a better job.
Just saying, that's an awfully simple minded reason to support someone. So just because they're unlike Obama, you're going to support them? That sort of blinded posturing is what is ruining this country.

It does not suprise me that you have heard more negative than positive about Palin as the partisan media sets out to destroy conservatives, especially those that are female or a minority.
:sigh:

How many times must you be reminded that Fox News is easily one of the top three biggest media giants and clearly sympathizes with the right? There is not some secret left wing agenda in the media, it's a nightmare fantasy painted by those against the left.

@ Brix: I think if the Republicans want to be taken seriously, they need a different candidate than her. It's clear republicans were not liking John McCain so why pick his second fiddle?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
@ Cons: At what point does saying that she would do a better job = support? Just because I think that she would do a better job does not mean that I want her to run. I hope someone better will emerge but we'll just have to wait and see. I think 'Brix is right, a hamster or a shoe would do a better job. But that does not mean I support the hamster/shoe for president.

I was replying to BR, I seriously doubt he is a big Fox News watcher. But you don't have to go farther that Letterman or SNL to hear Palin get trashed, now do you? So you're right, it's no secret.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
So wait, SNL/Letterman is "newsmedia" to you? As in, something you cite as proof of the 'vast left wing liberal media bias' theory the right is so fond of? And it's because they get made fun of?

:lol:

Oh man.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
@ Cons: dude, can you read and comprehend? I wrote "media" not "newsmedia"! That is twice in as many posts that you have totally misrepresented what I wrote. :lol: But whatever, nevermind.

OK, I know you won't understand and will make some tangental arguement but here goes: My point is that it is socially acceptable to mock, ridicule, lie about, misrepresent, or otherwise disparage conservatives, especially female or minority conservatives. They are especially dispised as they have left the ranch of feminism or minority solidarity.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
@ Cons: dude, can you read and comprehend? I wrote "media" not "newsmedia"! That is twice in as many posts that you have totally misrepresented what I wrote. :lol: But whatever, nevermind.

OK, I know you won't understand and will make some tangental arguement but here goes: My point is that it is socially acceptable to mock, ridicule, lie about, misrepresent, or otherwise disparage conservatives, especially female or minority conservatives. They are especially dispised as they have left the ranch of feminism or minority solidarity.
Nothing less than what I expect from you: ridicule, assumptions, and insults. I also defined "newsmedia". Take a look.

Has it occurred to you that it's quite acceptable to do this to any politician, regardless of alliance? The right has this incredible ability to build it's own fantasy world and make all the other republicans believe it. They see only their enemies and anything they don't understand or agree with completely they seem to paint with the same broad brushstrokes. It's rather selfish when you think about it since it devolves into this "me, me, me" kind of thinking.

In all honesty, I want the republicans to come up with a candidate with successful business experience. It's what the government needs. What the government does not need, is more social regulation.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
More lols, Cons! As you give so shall you receive, so you should expect it, especially from me. And you do not disappoint! Just as I suggested you have made some tangental argument. I write "partisan media" you write "newsmedia".

Has it occurred to you that it is more frequent and mean-spirited when directed at conservatives? You know, like that moron letterman joking that Palin's 13 year old daughter got "knocked up" by a promiscuous pro-athlete during the 7th inning stretch while watching the Yankees play on their trip to New York? Why don't they mock Charles Rangle with that kind of vitriol? Let's hear them make sexual jokes about Obama's daughters? Yea, that wouldn't be cool with me either.

But at least we can agree on your last paragraph. I would just add that they should be demonstrably conservative as well.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
SS, I don't understand how you think that someone who was a news caster then a mayor then a half-term governor is more qualified to be President of the United States than someone who was a Constitutional Law professor at the University of Chicago, then a State Senator, then a US Senator. What on her resume makes her more qualified than Barack Obama?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Executive leadership for one.

Obama as a constitutional law professor, pfffft. He has demonstrated his lack of understanding of the constitution on many occasions. He follows the "living document" theory taught to him by other leftists which I reject. An example would be his saying that the civil rights movement didn't go far enough because they failed to use the courts to bring about redistribution.

His resume of politics is actually pretty thin when you look at the lack of taking a stand and his triangulation to avoid controversy so that his record could not be used against him. The same with his limited time as a senator, most of which was not spent doing that job but was spent campaigning for his next job.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Palin 2012 cheerleader. I hope we can find a better conservative with a track record of ethical behavior, understanding of the constitution as the document that limits federal authority, successful executive leadership, and a dedication to individual freedom and liberty.

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Palin 2012 cheerleader. I hope we can find a better conservative with a track record of ethical behavior, understanding of the constitution as the document that limits federal authority, successful executive leadership, and a dedication to individual freedom and liberty.
Jim Demint. All of those things. Plus extremely likable and well spoken.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
:sigh:

How many times must you be reminded that Fox News is easily one of the top three biggest media giants and clearly sympathizes with the right? There is not some secret left wing agenda in the media, it's a nightmare fantasy painted by those against the left.

@ Brix: I think if the Republicans want to be taken seriously, they need a different candidate than her. It's clear republicans were not liking John McCain so why pick his second fiddle?
I think if anyone looks at the media honestly it's impossible to deny there is a major left wing slant except for outlets like Fox News. The reason Fox News is so big is because they're all alone on the right with the news networks, all the other cable news networks, and print such as the New York Times, Time and Newsweek all having a left wing slant. I find it ridiculous that anyone can deny Palin has been treated unfairly by the media while Obama hasn't.
------
SS, I don't understand how you think that someone who was a news caster then a mayor then a half-term governor is more qualified to be President of the United States than someone who was a Constitutional Law professor at the University of Chicago, then a State Senator, then a US Senator. What on her resume makes her more qualified than Barack Obama?
I don't put a lot of creedance in him being a Constitutional Law professor. Let's be honest, he didn't do it for very long and it's not like he was Lawrence Tribe or Alan Dershowitz, writing books and opinions and arguing before the United States Supreme Court on Constitutional issues. He taught a first year law class and all he had to do was prepare those students for the questions on the bar exam which tests basic Constitutional law.

His record, or lack thereof really as state senator and US Senator pretty much speak for themselves.

Last edited: