• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Palin For President

Dabs

Registered Member
Ok, my first thread for MD...regarding (ugh) politics......I rarely talk about politics and religion, but I heard this on the early morning news today, and I was just kind of wondering what everyone thought.
Barbara Walters did an interview with Sarah Palin and the subject of Palin running for President in 2012 came up.
Apparently, Palin has made some suggestions that she has already considered running for office~
Anyway, when Barbara Walters asked Sarah Palin if she thought she could beat Obama in a 2012 election, Palin of course answered yes.
So.....CNN did a poll......of some people, and altho I'm not sure I remember how many they polled, but according to CNN..if the election race between Palin and Obama were to take place now........the results were:
54% said they would vote for Obama.
45% said they would vote for Palin.
And I guess the other 1% would be people...like me!..hell I dunno.
But, what are your takes on this??
Do you think these practice, or pretend polls, if you will, show that Obama is doing a good job and keeping up his stuff??
Or do you think these numbers show some people might feel let down by him since he took over??
Just wondering............

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Even if Obama's approval rating fell to Bush levels, he'd trounce Palin. It'd be something of a Harry Reid situation: people might not like Obama, but that won't matter if they're scared as hell of his opponent.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Its been discussed ad nauseum here, but I'll say again she's got to have more experience before she runs and wins. She could do 8 good years as Department of Energy or Department of Interior and then run and win but her presidential future is far into the future. She's Ronald Reagan 1968 right now.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree with MIT that she would need more experience to become more of a viable candidate but my honest opinion is that she lacks the intellectual curiosity for that job. While it can be argued she did a very good job as governor of Alaska I've yet to hear any specifics from her. All I hear is her regurgitate talking points and comparing herself to Ronald Reagan (ad naseum I might add).

I just don't think she has what it takes to become president, from an intellectual stand point.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
To clarify my feelings, just doing a good job at the DOE would not be enough to run and win. She would need to put us on a path of net energy exports before many people consider her a real contender. Or some similar big career victory. The job of president needs to be earned. I think CO and others are in the right to be skeptical and refuse their vote until she earns it.

Last edited:

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Even if Obama's approval rating fell to Bush levels, he'd trounce Palin. It'd be something of a Harry Reid situation: people might not like Obama, but that won't matter if they're scared as hell of his opponent.
I find this interesting. Why should anyone be scared of Palin? They should be scared of the sociopathic usurper Obama, so I'll start a new thread about that.

I like Palin, there is nothing to fear about her, she is far more qualified than Obama, and would probably do a lot to put our country back on the right path.

Regarding a poll by CNN, they are about as unbiased as that idiot Chris Matthews. I am unimpressed by anything they do, they are simply parrots for democrat talking points and basically their bubbleheaded cheer squad.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I like Palin, there is nothing to fear about her, she is far more qualified than Obama, and would probably do a lot to put our country back on the right path.
Just a few questions for you SS:

Why do you believe she can do a better job then Obama? How did you come up with that conclussion?

If Obama is having problems putting the United States back on path, how would Sarah Palin do a better job?

I don't know much about Palin, I heard more negative things said about her then positive though. If she does run for office in 2012, I doubt she would win.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I'd have to agree with everything said so far about Palin, but I must pose this question:

Is she really a libertarian, or just another conservative? This is a real issue for me. The Tea Party movement has focused on libertarian beliefs, but I have never heard her position on such libertarian issues as legalization of marijuana, abortion, and gay rights.

These are key points. For me, the only appeal she has is her claimed libertarian beliefs. Without knowing her position on the above points, I and many people, would never vote for her, and would no doubt vote for Obama.

Last edited:

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
@ BR: I have come to this conclusion because I believe in individual freedom and liberty. It is because Obama's answer to every question is more government involvement which I oppose. Because Palin is his political opposite is why I feel she, or any conservative for that matter, would do a better job. It is my opinion that Obama is completely wrong on almost every issue. I honestly feel that there are few that could possibly do a worse job than Obama.

It does not suprise me that you have heard more negative than positive about Palin as the partisan media sets out to destroy conservatives, especially those that are female or a minority.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personally, while I think her policies and stances on issues are better than Obama's, I hope she doesn't come out ahead as the leading contender for the Republican party in the next election. There are many people with a lot more experience. Granted, "more experience doing it the wrong way" is worse than "less experience doing it the right way". I'd still vote for Palin over Obama. I think a hamster could do a better job as president right now. Or a shoe.