• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Padres ink James Shields

VJ_Sportsgeek

Reports surfacing early morning that the Padres have signed RHP James Shields to a 4 year $72-$76 million contract. The biggest fish is now officially off the market. Pretty safe to say Padres are a huge push for the pennant.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He'll be great in that stadium.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
How about them Padres?

Also, this is the highest free agent contract they've ever given out. The largest was what they gave to Benoit...for 15 million dollars. How is that even possible haha

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
The Padres really stacked up this season. Kemp, Justin Upton, Myers, Ian Kennedy, Shields, and Morrow to name a few, and they'll probably finish 3rd in their division after the San Francisco Giants and the Los Angeles Dodgers. Must suck to play in a tough decision...oh wait, I'm a Jays fan.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Good signing by the Padres…I think Shields has found a good home in a hopefully-rebounding team. I know I'm happy to see him going there instead of to the Dodger$ or Giants. It's a lot more intriguing.