Padd Under the Microscope

Discussion in 'Under the Microscope' started by icegoat63, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Congratulations on breaking 500 posts already.

Here are your starter Questions:

A. Brand of hockey stick you prefer and why?

B. What is your most prized piece of memorabilia?

C. You're sports hero... who is it?

D. You've just inherited the Montreal Canadiens, what is your first move?

E. What brought you to this forum?

dDave likes this.

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

MySpace or Facebook?

Mario or Luigi?

Single or Taken?

3. padd

padd Registered Member

Sherwood, Leclair, not a blueliners stick but im comfortable with it's mid-curve. As well as sticks go, i don't like thos new plastic hollow sticks. you know which one's, they break whenever you take a slap shot.

game 4's puck, from my midget* A division game finals. we lost the series 4-1 but we won game 4, 1-0. Mt goal 55 minutes late in the game. Me and the goalie actually split the puck in two.
    *take not age divisons are different in Canada :urp:

Saku Koivu/Mario Lemieux. Although not as dominant as each other, both represent a strive for salvation in the world of sports.

I'd take over as head coach, and show them how a real coach talks. Not like that leniant Carboneau who lets them get away with 6 slepper games.. IN THE POST SEASON
    i typed generalforum and i got here. i was tired of talking about hockey in anime forums.. i dont even like anime! And a hockey forum would just be to much. GF is perfect!

neither, i dont like sharing info on the net, im good like that

mario, of course

honestly.. i was taken until yesterday.. but i might be taken soon.. lol

icegoat63 likes this.
  4. icegoat63

lmao, I agree with ya there. I was drug here by MJ from hockeyfights.com. Over there I was what is considered a "babblin" poster, the kind that wanders around the non-sense section and only drops into the actual hockey area every once in a while.

You are 100% correct when you say GF is perfect, I can spend my time talking about BS then drop into the hockey section whenever I please.

The reason I dont care to talk non-stop about hockey in hockey forums is because there are already enough "Don Cherry's" polluting the boards as it is. lol and the last thing I wanna be is another Don Cherry...So heres the question:

?. What is your opinion on ol' Grapes? The man in the disturbing Tux, the one and only Don Cherry?

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Who's your favorite Canadiens player of all time?

What's your best memory of the Canadiens?

I'm not sure if you've seen it or not, but what were your thoughts of the ovation Koivu had after battling cancer at the Bell Center from the fans?

Gretzky or Lemieux?

padd likes this.
  6. padd

padd Registered Member

Don Cherry is a very hockey smart man. He won two Jack Adams awards deservedly. I would love to have him as my coach. He is the #1 spokesperson for hockey you can have. He'll defend your players, not only that but he'll speak the truth about the players. If someone acuses the NHL of being steroid abusers he'll tell them "no you're wrong, you have no evidence.. in a league of 700 players, so what if 1 or even 10 idiots abuse drugs, there a coop of idiots everywhere in this world" He'll support the country, he'll support the league. He doesn't lie. If he says most players in the league who wear visors are french & european, before you start branding him racist do the count. Vinny, St. Louis, Koivu, Latendresse, Malkin, Ovechkin.. all wear a visor. He even told to Brett Hull's face that his 1999 Cup winner should'nt have counted, he always speaks his mind. Needles to say I respect his hockey knowledge, I don't like his bias. When it comes to the leafs, forget about it "blablabla the leafs are good, they lost tonight because they didnt play good.. they didnt make the playoffs cuz we didnt play good.. they lost 4-3 because they didnt play good" you know what, he always discredits the leafs' play, but he never credits the opposing team for playing great hockey. Oh and as far as i can remeber he never really liked Montreal.. but there is history to that.

My favorite is Koivu. He's stuck with the team since day 1. On and off the ice he's been a supporter and ambasador to the city of Montreal. He's always had stellar seasons.. nothing to awe over, but a city hero to say the least. I also appreciate Patrick Roy for leading us to 2 Stanley Cups, although I was to young to know much about it. Looks like Price is going to take over this position soon.
    Molson Center meltdown, we were leading the series vs Carolina 2-1, winning game 4 3-0 with 16 minutes left in the game and ended up loosing 4-3, along with our mometum went the series. and it was then when the Jose Theodore Era fell to the ground. I know it's a very bad memory, but it's what i feel was a turning point for years to come. If you remeber good management changed in the next few years. Savard was replaced with gainey. Higgins, Plekanec, Kosstisyn bros were drafted, Kovalev moved into town, and the rest is history. Hopefully a good memory will replace this one. We are now living in the age of Price.

I was at that game buddy. Don't belive me, you probably dont so i'll tell you how much of a coincidence it was. That game was in early April of 2002, 79th game of the year. Me and my father had gotten tickets to that game in February. My cousin was also going with us, so he calls me the day before the game and tells me "GUESS WHOS COMING BACK TONIGHT" so i go "Audette?" (you remeber Donald Auddette?, he was good for that season, also got a hat trick against boston in the first round, oh yeah and he was sideline with a wrist injury for several months..anyways,) my cousins tells me.. Auddete had actually got cleared off the Injured reserve a week prior to this and that Koivu was making a comeback. During the game the atmosphere was beyong words, I can't even explain it. It was 1 of the biggest ovations in Montreal history.. and we have a rich history of not only hockey, but also many sporting events held here.. as well as concerts and all that. just for the record I was 14 at the time. Best game ive attended, what made it extra special was that we clinched a playoff sport for the 1st time in 3 years.
    Mario Lemieux, il a fait son mieux. Lemieux was the greatest force in the history of NHL. he beats gretzky in al categorys. all due respect to the great one, lemieux is what goalies were scared of. Gretzky had help for 10 years he had Coffey/Messier/Kurri/Anderson/ and Lowe on his side. In the begining Lemieux single handidly brought Pittsburgh on his shoulders. Had he not had a history of health porblems, he'd score over 1000 goals.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  7. icegoat63

I agree with you about Lemieux 100% of the way... as a player he dominates Gretzky, enough with that though.

A. how do you feel about fighting in hockey and the role of the enforcer?

B. Carey Price... great new face to the nhl, do you think he's got what it takes to take Montreal places?

enough with Hockey... lets get to know the real Padd

C. What kinda music are you into? What are some of you favorite bands

D. Foods! if you could turn around and have any meal at your disposal....what would it be?

E. Name at least one craze that you wish you hadnt participated in.

8. padd

padd Registered Member

I feel it needs a good boost. There is a low number of enforcers in the league since the lockout, and it has hurt teams. Carolina, for example is a team with speedy but fragile players. Had they had an enforcer, he'd make sure nobody tocuhed the key guys, and they wouldnt have as many injuries that would lead them to miss the playoffs.. as if Orpik's attack on Cole in 2006 wasnt enough. Anyways, I'll restate it, teams need to start focusing on picking up some gritty talentless skaters who can throw a punch.

mentally, he's alright. 1st year in the city of champions and he led them far enough. physically he needs to loose some weight.. from what i saw, he looks a little overweight for a goaltender, get into some good game shape.. in fact he even stated that he's gonna spend the summer getting into shape. Last but not least, he's had his share of post-season mental breakdowns, which he never recovered from. who do i blame for that? The coach.

i'm into modern stuff.. no oldies for me.. except Run-DMC and Bon Jovi. My favorite band is the Red-Hot-Chilli-Peppers.

Pizza and Spaghetti with red sauce and meatballs

I was never in much crazes.. although, I belive I was about 10.. all my friends, stuck their noses in pokeyman cards. I told them "why are you supporting fuckin japs lets go watch wrestling".. and the only thing i regret about the WWF craze of the late 90's... We didnt have much money so i couldnt buy all the cool WWF figurines and Austin 3:16 t-shirts like all the other wrestling kids! LOL

Jeanie and icegoat63 like this.
  9. icegoat63

hahaha thats classic.... from California to Quebec, Wrestling and Pokeman were still the top crazes of their time hahaha gotta love it.

10. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

ice cream or pie?

favorite childhood toy?

Favorite gaming console?

padd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.