Pacquiao vs Clottey

Discussion in 'Boxing / MMA' started by ysabel, Mar 13, 2010.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Fight is today (should be soon or in a couple of hours there).

Anyone watching it? Remember this date was supposedly the Pacquiao - Mayweather fight but negotiations failed.

Some say the odds are for the Pacman but then Clottey makes a very good opponent for him and could be a real "test".

2. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I missed it!.
    I was all set to watch it but crashed out about fifteen minutes before the main event.
    I hate that the bog fights are scheduled for such an awkward time here.

I will be watching it on a repeat later, I know that Pac won on points but I really want to see the fight.

3. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

Unfortunately I missed it and couldn't find a repeat.
    ...I'm sure we'll come across one over the week.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Well, the common reaction was that it was boring. :lol: I guess it doesn't help to know that it should have been Mayweather and Pacquiao, fighting that time. I'm glad Pac won anyway.

5. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I missed it, I wanted to see it but forgot about it this weekend. Mostly because I was really busy and because it didn't have much hype.

6. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

My nieces boyfriend taped it so I got to watch it last night, and it was not what I had hoped for, as ysabel said many found it boring and I was one of them, Pac did most of the offensive work throughout the fight and deserved the win.

I was surprised that Clottey did not push for more of an advantage, he has a good reputation and this could have been a really entertaining fight.

7. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

It was a monumental beating. But I don't like the way Clottey is being portrayed in the press. The guy did what he had to do to survive.

8. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

welp, That was a boring fight.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  9. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Registered Member

For those who missed it, be glad you did.

It was one-sided. Anyone who knows the history of Joshua Clottey will tell you that he's a defensive-minded fighter, but I would have appreciated it if he at least opened up. He was much bigger, and busted up Pacquiao's face pretty good. All he did was walk forward and hold up his hands. The most aggravating about it was that when he did throw punches, they would land. Pacquiao was there to be his when he got up close. Clottey landed 100+ of 300 punches thrown, while Pacquiao landed 200 out of 1300! Not a good ratio. Pacquiao needs to seriously work on his defense, otherwise, if he tries to open up against Mayweather the way he did Clottey, he'll be in for a VERY rude awakening.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010