• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pacquiao/Mayweather hopeless?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Will it ever happen? The olympic style drug test isn't even an issue anymore....Pacquiao agreed to it as long as it's a neutral agency that does it. What are we still waiting for? Here's another angle (pro-Pacquiao, but cld still be objective) why this might not be happening ever....

Cowardice Killed The Pacquiao-Mayweather Superfight | BoxingInsider.com - Boxing | Boxing News

Cowardice Killed The Pacquiao-Mayweather Superfight
Posted By Scoop Malinowski On October 27, 2011 @ 7:46 am In Columns | 4 Comments

By Scoop Malinowski

Few things are impossible in this world but one thing is for certain: Making the biggest fight in boxing history between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao is an impossible task. Floyd Mayweather is never going to fight Manny Pacquiao because he knows he will be destroyed.

Now is the time when Mayweather and his team of Al Haymon and Richard Schaefer should be taking actions to produce the fight with HBO and Bob Arum but no discussions are taking place. Haymon and Schaefer don’t even try to bother with faking any negotiations anymore, like they did with Ross Greenburg.

No serious, authentic discussions will ever take place because Haymon and Schaefer know the truth. Their inferior man isn’t up to the massive job.

Mayweather is only interested in fights he knows he will win, not entering into his own sacrificial slaughterhouse against an Asian dynamo which would make him look like an old, slow, broken-down, glass-jawed chump getting his long overdue comeuppance.

There are many protectors of Mayweather who have an agenda to propagate the fraud that is his choreographed career. Al Haymon fancies himself as a powerbroker and starmaker in the sport. His ego is about as big as Mayweather’s. Haymon suffered enormously when he watched his other four products smashed to bits – Paul Williams, Danny Jacobs, Andre Berto and Chris Arreola. Of course, Haymon’s primary and favored asset is Mayweather and it would be beyond devastating agony for Haymon to have to sit and watch Mayweather be beaten up and knocked out by Pacquiao with about 50,000 screaming, celebrating boxing fans. Haymon losing Mayweather as the star piece of his portfolio would completely destroy his elite status in the sport. And sacrificing Mayweather to Pacquiao is something Haymon will never let happen, just exactly like he was able to save Mayweather from certain defeats to Antonio Margarito and Miguel Cotto — by manipulating the powers that be at HBO.

HBO could actually take the position of a hardline stance against Mayweather and Haymon but curiously they do not, whether it’s due to ineptitude, impotence or other mysterious reasons. One would think HBO would do all in it’s vast power to force Mayweather to fight Pacquiao, but this has not happened. Nor does it appear likely, after Bob Arum’s recent quotes this week saying Mayweather will never fight Pacquiao. Arum knows what’s up.

There are many other less powerful individuals and boxing figures involved in the conspiracy of protecting the fraud of Mayweather and they too play a part in the overall scheme to cancel the biggest event in the history of the sport.

But the number one, overriding reason why the fight won’t happen is because of Floyd Mayweather’s uncontrollable fear and lack of self-confidence to test his overrated and declining skills against the Filippino Destroyer. It’s obvious by now that the coddled and protected Mayweather is so profoundly scared of Manny Pacquiao that there is no amount of gold that could lure him to face his imminent destruction. $100 or $150 million would not be enough when your physical well-being and future health are in jeopardy, as Mayweather himself has actually partially admitted on occasion. And believe it, Mayweather’s health would be in danger vs. Pacquiao. Pacquiao’s blazing speed and relentless pressure are far beyond anything Mayweather has ever experienced or seen. Mayweather was intimidated and scared of the relentless pressure that Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito would have put on him, and Pacquiao is far superior to those two warriors, as we have witnessed.

With his lightning fast footwork and blinding, furious, devastating combinations, Pacquiao would eat Floyd alive and administer a frightful beating on the cowardly American fraud. Mayweather’s whole entire WWE fake persona would transform in the matter of one fateful hour of destiny. The humble man would be exalted – and the most arrogant, self-exalted jackass in the history of the sport would be thoroughly and completely humbled in the matter of a few brutally, vicious, unforgettable, awe-inspiring minutes. Nothing would be able to repair the ego and persona of the greatest coward fraud in boxing history, Floyd Mayweather, who would never fully recover.

So if you ever wonder what really caused the biggest event in boxing history to go down the drain, remember, it wasn’t those airplanes that killed King Kong…it was beauty that killed the beast.

And it wasn’t drug testing or Top Rank or “Manny’s got to get his house in order” that killed the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight…it was the uncontrollable fright and paralyzing fear by the world’s greatest coward which killed the superfight of all superfights.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I could not agree more with this piece. May weather is a coward and won't face Pac because he will lose. I love Marquez because he's a warrior, he'll go toe to toe with anyone and gave Pac a run for his money twice. Mayweather doesn't have the stones to get in the ring with Pac, I doubt it's ever going to happen.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I heard on PTI that Mayweather is willing to fight Pacquiao, and I personally believe it's eventually going to happen. There's to much money involved not to happen.

I think if it does happen, Mayweather would win. I personally believe that Floyd is a better overall fighter than Pac. I know a lot of people wonder if Mayweather could take several punches from Manny, and I think he could.

I really hope this match happens. It would help the sport tremendously.

Last edited:

BigBob

Registered Member
Pacquiao should've agreed to take the tests whenever all the rumors that they were going to fight years ago first started. By now, every trace of what would've been a steroid is out of his body and of course he'll accept to the testing now. I 100% believe that he was taking performance enhancing drugs and that's why he wouldn't agree to fight Mayweather.

I think it's a slim chance that they're going to agree to a fight. Even though Mayweather said he wants the biggest fight possible in May, only time will tell if that'll be Pacquiao.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Pacquiao should've agreed to take the tests whenever all the rumors that they were going to fight years ago first started. By now, every trace of what would've been a steroid is out of his body and of course he'll accept to the testing now. I 100% believe that he was taking performance enhancing drugs and that's why he wouldn't agree to fight Mayweather.

I think it's a slim chance that they're going to agree to a fight. Even though Mayweather said he wants the biggest fight possible in May, only time will tell if that'll be Pacquiao.
I've been watching reruns of Pac and Marquez on HBO leading up to their third fight this weekend. There's no doubt Pac has put on some serious weight, moving up in weight class and didn't lose any speed. I think Alex Ariza is a strength coach but it does it does look suspicious, how much bigger and stronger he got. Marquez is having to move up in weight class and try not to lose any speed, it seems Manny did it without any problems at all. I don't know if he took anything performace enhancing drugs or not and I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, but moving up from your natural fighting weight and not lose speed is pretty hard to do.

EDIT: I meant Alex Ariza is a good strength coach but it still looks suspicious

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Before I say what I'm about to say it should be noted that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about and what I'll is say pure speculation...

And that's that I also think Pacquiao refused to fight before because he was on PED's...why else would he decline? I don't watch boxing but even I would tune in to see this fight; it's that big of a fight.

I think that it will happen eventually because there is so much money to be made. Just make it happen.

BigBob

Registered Member
I've been watching reruns of Pac and Marquez on HBO leading up to their third fight this weekend. There's no doubt Pac has put on some serious weight, moving up in weight class and didn't lose any speed. I think Alex Ariza is a strength coach but it does it does look suspicious, how much bigger and stronger he got. Marquez is having to move up in weight class and try not to lose any speed, it seems Manny did it without any problems at all. I don't know if he took anything performace enhancing drugs or not and I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, but moving up from your natural fighting weight and not lose speed is pretty hard to do.
I agree 100%. Normally, I would give him the benefit of the doubt but the reason I don't in his case is because of all the excuses he's made over the past two years. He said he wouldn't give blood two days before a fight because it would make him weaker for the fight (which I'd like to point ou that I've never met someone who isn't feeling normal within an hour of giving blood so two days? Get real). Mayweather was fully willing to take the exact same blood test and didn't complain at all. I know a lot of people don't like Mayweather, but I understand where he's coming from wanting to know that if he gets beat, he's getting beat cleanly.

Before I say what I'm about to say it should be noted that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about and what I'll is say pure speculation...

And that's that I also think Pacquiao refused to fight before because he was on PED's...why else would he decline? I don't watch boxing but even I would tune in to see this fight; it's that big of a fight.

I think that it will happen eventually because there is so much money to be made. Just make it happen.
Like I stated in the part I quoted and replied to CO, he's made a lot of excuses over the past two years and one of the main ones was the one I stated about the blood testing and it supposedly making him weaker.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Or also it's refusal out of principle, Mayweather was being primadonna and asking more than the usual standard tests. Pressure is still on for them to fight because each time Pac has to fight a big match, the whole "when will the mayweather-pac happen" convo happens. It's not like he was asked to take the test then and there, it was a a test with specific time period prior to the match. So even if, assuming he was on something before, he could have still had time to get rid of stuff before the actual match. So I'm not so sure the reason he has agreed this year was mainly because of the flushed substances but more for the financial gain and pressure from everyone to finally make it happen. You'd think Mayweather would be feeling the same pressure too. If it's a money issue, I'm sure there are tons of sponsors who can match what either of them are asking for the fight.

BigBob

Registered Member
You'd ask for more if you knew you were going into a fight and you suspected, like most people do, that the person you're going to fight is on steroids. Who cares if he asked for a little more? Do it. It's pretty obvious that over the last two years, the amount of time that it's taken to get a deal done, that Pacquiao has slowly went on the decline and hasn't been as dominant as he once was. Coincidence? I think not.

Regardless, supposedly a deal is almost done for them to fight May 5th.

Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr. are reportedly close to finalizing a deal that would put together one of the most desperately sought out boxing matches in recent history.

For two years now, both fighters have tantalized fans with the prospect of a potential megafight. There have been a number of near-agreements along the way, which both sides have admitted to. However, seemingly every single time, something would impede progress. Either Mayweather would make a ridiculous performance-enhancing drug (PED) demand or Pacquiao’s representative at the meetings, Bob Arum, would find a way to muck things up.

Sometimes it would be issues outside both men’s control, like various legal battles facing both superstars that would distract them from doing what needs to be done.

Not more of that though, it appears. According to the Philippine Star, Pacquiao has come out and publicly stated that a deal with Mayweather is “80 to 90 percent sure to take place on May 5 next year and only a few more details are being ironed out before contracts are finalized.” The statements, reportedly, were made during a dinner that he hosted for Filipino print journalists at the Harbour View Restaurant, Luneta.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I heard about this yesterday, and I really hope it happens. I won't hold my breath till I see these two facing each other with gloves on in the ring. Till this day, I still believe Mayweather would win against Pacquaio, it might be left up to the judges, but I still believe Floyd is the better boxer of the two.

This match could really help the dying sport of Boxing.