• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Pacquiao beats Margarito

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm surprised there wasn't a thread yet about this. I thought Babe would have done it coz he's the one who reminded me that it was this weekend, haha.

No knock outs. I was sleeping when the fight happened but woke up in time for the last few minutes. Some reporters compared Pacquiao to Ali as far as being beloved by his people is concerned. He really got a lot of support and he hasn't disappointed his fans once again. Oh, Margarito's face after the match...ouch.

Manny Pacquiao vs Antonio Margarito results, highlights and analysis

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not surprised with the outcome. I didn't watch the fight, but I heard it was just an ass kicking. I'll probably end up watching it sometime this week.

That said, I'm not a fan of Pacquiao at all. I'll admit, he's a great boxer but I won't consider him the best till he fights Mayweather.

SqueakScolari

Registered Member
I'll admit, he's a great boxer but I won't consider him the best till he fights Mayweather.
I agree. All time, Pacquiao is one of the best pound-for-pound fighters to ever fight. They way he attacks and carves guys up is incredible; he great to watch. He really is one of the best PfP guys to ever step in the ring.

That said, people are seeming to forget how dominate Mayweather is. I really don't know why Floyd seems to be ducking Manny, but I still think he is the better fighter. Nonetheless, it would be a great fight and needs to happen for the sport. They are possibly two of the best non-heavyweights to be in the sport in quite sometime.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I agree. All time, Pacquiao is one of the best pound-for-pound fighters to ever fight. They way he attacks and carves guys up is incredible; he great to watch. He really is one of the best PfP guys to ever step in the ring.

That said, people are seeming to forget how dominate Mayweather is. I really don't know why Floyd seems to be ducking Manny, but I still think he is the better fighter. Nonetheless, it would be a great fight and needs to happen for the sport. They are possibly two of the best non-heavyweights to be in the sport in quite sometime.
Yeah, I want to see that game so once and for all we know. Has Mayweather been fighting lately?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No he hasn't, he got in trouble again. If found guilty he might face 30 years in prison. I doubt he'll ever serve that sentence, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did serve a couple of years in jail. That said, I do hope we'll see Mayweather/Pacquiao soon, they both know that they need to face each other to really find out who the best is.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
So last weekend, Pacquio had another match against Mosley, who he beat. I think any other matches he plays that isn't against Mayweather is not interesting anymore...just a money making scheme for promoters and those who take bets.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Millz Boxing / MMA 21
Babe_Ruth Boxing / MMA 0
CaptainObvious Boxing / MMA 13
oxyMORON Boxing / MMA 7
ysabel Boxing / MMA 33