Pacioretty traded to Golden Knights

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.

Personally, I like this trade. The Canadiens have made it clear that they did not want to re-sign Pacioretty. Suziki was the third highest ranking prospect for the Golden Knights. He's only 19, he can play all three forward positions. He's scored 40 goals in back-to-back OHL seasons. In addition, Tatar has put up 20+ plus goals in four straight seasons and he's only 27. If you look at the total picture, I think this is a great get for Montreal.

I will miss Pacioretty, though. Had a great career in Montreal. Wish him all the best.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Watch Patch light it up in Vegas this year. I'm pretty convinced he'll score 40 again this year. As for the Habs, I don't know if I still have the strength to deal with the current management. It's not normal for me that over the past 5 years, we've virtually let go of all the top talented guys on the team for various reasons when they could've all helped us. Obviously, the Radulov situation doesn't seem to be as black or white as first thought but other than that, I'm everything but impressed by how Molson & Bergevin have handled things.

Although, the one thing I'm high about is the hiring of Joel Bouchard to coach the Rocket. The way he handled that bench over the weekend in the rookies tournament, showing tough love and benching the players who didn't respond accordingly following the two injuries (drawing a blank on the players' names), that's what I wanna see with a coach. I wouldn't be shocked to see Bouchard coach in the NHL in a distant future.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I understand that his tenure as the GM has been frustrating, but I am glad the Montreal did not give to Pacioretty’ demands. I think that is way too much. I would not be surprised if Patches scored 40 goals this season, however, even though management won’t admit it, the team is in rebuilding mode. They got a good young piece and a second round pick. Prospects can break your heart, but I have a good feeling about Suzuki.