Pacers' Jackson Fires Gun Outside Strip Club

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

USA Today - Indiana Pacers player Stephen Jackson was hit in the mouth, struck by a car and fired a gun outside an Indianapolis strip club early Friday, police said.

Jackson, 28, told officers he fired his 9 mm pistol in the air in self-defense after he was slugged in the jaw and hit by a car outside the club, said Sgt. Matthew Mount, spokesman for the Indianapolis Police Department.

There were no reports of anyone being struck by the gunfire, and police did not make any immediate arrests. Police are looking for the car that hit Jackson and other individuals involved.

Mount said an argument involving Jackson and other members of the Pacers began inside the club. The Pacers players said they left the club, but other club patrons followed them outside.

"At some point when leaving the club, a verbal altercation ensued ... that turned into a physical altercation," Mount said.

Jackson was hit in the mouth, and an individual tried to run him over with a car, Mount said. Jackson went up onto the hood of the car.

Jackson was limping but refused medical treatment at the scene, Mount said. He conferred with a Pacers trainer and sought medical treatment at a hospital.

The other Pacers at the scene were Jamaal Tinsley, Marquis Daniels and Jimmie Hunter.

Tinsley and Daniels also had guns in their cars, and all three armed players had permits for the weapons, Mount said, although Daniels' permit was issued by the state of Florida.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a.../pacers_jackson_fires_gun_outside_strip_club/

2. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Wow this isnt what the pacers need, one of their best players being attacked. What if he was injured or worse, good thing he had his nine with him but even then someone tryna run him over I hope they get to the bottom of this whole thing.

3. Dr. Fresh

Dr. Fresh Mmmm.... Lesbians.

The Pacers definitely didn't need for this to happen. It just brings more problems into the organization. Luckily he's not injured too badly and so forth. Hopefully they'll catch that fool who was trying to run him over.

4. Babe_Ruth

I am also glad that he's ok, and they won't be any charges laid on him, which is good for the Pacers organization, and Jackson himself. Also there where a few other Pacer players there as well, like Daniels and Tinsley, but none of them saw who tried to run him over.

5. Figures Jackson would get into this trouble.

Not good for the Pacers, they have had a lot of controversy over the years, but why in the HELL is he carrying a 9 mm? I mean good thing he did have it, but that could be dangerous to his contract.

6. Babe_Ruth

Indianapolis Star - The Indiana Pacers still plan to unveil their new-and-improved transition game today at Fan Jam, but it remains to be seen how well it will be received after Stephen Jackson and three teammates were involved in a gun-related incident early Friday morning at a Westside strip club.

Most of the team spent Friday evening at Jackson's house, where he is recovering from injuries related to the incident.

"He seems to be pretty upbeat," Jermaine O'Neal said after Saturday's practice. "It's a blessing that he's alive and able to walk and stuff. Being there for him mentally is the biggest thing for him right now. We love him, we care about him and want him to make a full recovery from his bumps and bruises and get back on the court. That's what it is for us."

Jackson suffered bruises and received stitches in his lip after, police said, he was punched in the face and struck by a car. Afterward, he fired five shots with a handgun, police said. No arrests have been made, and police said Jackson acted in self-defense.

"We've been through some tough things before," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said Saturday. "You get through it by sticking together and we've had great fan support. Our fans have been great and I don't see any reason why have they won't continue to be great."

Fans likely won't see Jackson today. He isn't expected at Fan Jam. Three teammates who were at the strip club with Jackson -- starting point guard Jamaal Tinsley, Marquis Daniels and Jimmie "Snap" Hunter -- will play today.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/42567/20061008/players_rally_around_jackson/

7. Babe_Ruth

AP - Indiana Pacers guard Stephen Jackson was led away in handcuffs Thursday after a judge entered a not guilty plea on his behalf on a felony charge of criminal recklessness for a fight outside a strip club.

Jackson was booked into jail and released after posting $10,000 bond, a spokesman with the prosecutor's office said.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/42658/20061012/jackson_released_after_posting_$10000_bond/