Ozzy Osbourne

Turbo

Registered Member
I think we can all agree that he is the living legend of metal. Being the frontman of the band that started metal's long stand in the music world with Black Sabbath and years as a great solo.

However, is it time he retired? I saw him in December 07, and after 3-5 songs he's performing off of oxygen puffers. He's truly made his mark and will never be forgotten, so should he take his bow now or do you think he's still got a few more in him?

Bliss

Sally Twit
I think he should put on his grandad slippers and sit infront of the fire reading a newspaper. He is so slow now and seems so fragile. The last time I saw him on "Meet the Osbournes" I thought he needed to seriously relax.
He should definitely retire and just spend his remaining years on earth with his family.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I hate to say it but yes he should retire,he was a fantastic performer in his day but i think he has reached his time.
I saw him live years ago and its not the same man on stage any more.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
After the large dosages of drugs he's done with his lifestyle, I believe it is time for him to kick back and relax....even though his kids are dumb as hell at least he has his wife to be there with him like she always has been. Take a bow Mr. Ozbourne, you've put on one hell of a show!

~Shwa

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Yeah I think it's time he retired. I find it amazing that he can still remember words to songs and sing them at a fast pace, what with the amount of drugs he's taken in his past and that his speech is so slow and broken.

Evangelicum

Registered Member
No no no. Ozzy should never retire. I mean - he is pure heavy metal! This is what it is all about - MUSIC. Sorry, er, I guess I am a bit fanatic about the old man, but he has always been the symbol of heavy metal for me. He has always done his thing and yes he is a sellout nowdays, but who isn't?!

I guess that he should stop touring when his health reaches bottom. I don't want him to suffer, although I wouldn't want to let him disappear in a retirement home. He has to be there in all odd places you can normally find him. I doubt he'll ever retire anyway. I guess we will read about his death in the newspaper that he passed out on stage or backstage. I don't think he knows anything else. Gotta love him no matter how he is. ;)
------
I don't see an edit button where I can edit my post so I guess I have to make a new post for this quote that I found.

Yeah I think it's time he retired. I find it amazing that he can still remember words to songs and sing them at a fast pace, what with the amount of drugs he's taken in his past and that his speech is so slow and broken.
Actually I read or saw somewhere that all the tremor and dysfunctionality of his body has to do with a genetical disease that he suffers from. If you look back in time you can see that his condition was bad even in his early years although I guess that all those years of heavy drinking and drug abuse didn't exactly help - but the man is not as dumb as he looks.

Last edited:

Ryuk

Registered Member
The bottom line is that he is now and forever the one and only Prince Of Fucking Darkness. And as "cliche" as it may sound, or perhaps "passe" since it's a more recent song, I still find I Don't Wanna Change The World to be one of the most inspiring pieces of musical work ever.

Evangelicum

Registered Member
Amen to that!!

He has made some really inspiring songs - although people who has just seen him on MTV might see him as a clown but that is just their loss. They have missed who he really is.

Turbo

Registered Member
i completely love the music he has given us. i just think that his tour dates should be spread out with more off days in between so he has time to rest and be completely on his game for every show.

I've always been amazed at how bad he talks but how beautiful he can sing. One of my favorite songs of all-time is "Momma I'm Coming Home". I'd say he has earned the right to kick back and relax for the rest of his years on earth.