• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Own maintenance?

technoflutemom

Registered Member
Do you do your own maintenance or take your bike to a shop? I have always gone to a shop as we have a great one in my town and I am tool-inept, but I missed my winter tuneup and now there is a backlog. I don't want to be without my bike for a month! I have a brake that is dragging and I know my chains could use oiling. Is this something I could handle myself?

tater03

Registered Member
I know that I will oil the chain on my bike but that is about the extent that I do maintence wise. Now my brother is in to mountain biking alot and he does all his own maintence. It doesn't seem that hard but then again I am usually just watching him do it.

technoflutemom

Registered Member
I tried to straighten a wheel once because I had seen someone do it and it didn't seem hard... I ended up having to buy a new wheel.