Movies Owen Wilson Suicide Attempt

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Owen Wilson has become a household name. He's been going through some hard times apparently and last night he attempted suicide according to police reports. He overdosed on medications and slit his wrists according to a video on MSN. Here's an article:

BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Profile: Owen Wilson

NEWS POLICE REPORT CONFIRMS WILSON ATTEMPTED SUICIDE Music, movie & Entertainment News

If his brother Andrew didn't find him he would most likely be dead today. I hope that he can get through whatever hard times he is dealing with. He's in "good condition" according to the hospital he is staying at.

2. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I was wondering when our next big celebrity suicide attempt would come around. What a shame, though, he's a really funny guy.

3. cheezer465

cheezer465 Registered Member

I hate when celebrities do that crap. It disgusts me.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

It's no different than if your best friend tried to hill himself. Would it disgust you then?

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I think pitty is a better word than disgust. Obviously he felt like he didn't have a good life to look forward to. I think he's a great actor but it seems like actors sometimes are the ones who like to dramatize things. They also over-dramatize their situation sometimes. Celebrity suicides would be a very interesting essay to write on.

I wish him the best of luck and hope that he gets the help he needs to make it through this bad phase.

6. Gwiz

Gwiz Registered Member

Owen Wilson is a funny guy and it's always blown out of porportion by the media. Suicide occurs nearly everyday and when a celebrity attempts to commit suicide, its a big story in the entertainment industry. I do feel more pity than disgust becuase it's a serious situation. It does goes to show you not even actors can be civilians at times.