Owen Nolan signs one year contract with Coyotes

F

Forbidden

Phoenix Coyotes General Manager Michael Barnett announced today that the Coyotes have signed right wing Owen Nolan to a one-year contract.

Nolan, a five-time NHL All-Star, has registered 349 goals, 386 assists, and 735 points in 915 career NHL games with Quebec, Colorado, San Jose, and Toronto. He has also played in 58 playoff games, collecting 18-17-35. The 6-foot-1, 208-pound right wing has scored 30-or-more goals six times in his career and 40-or-more goals twice (1991-92 and 1999-2000). Most recently, Nolan scored 19 goals in 2003-04 with Toronto and 29 goals in 2002-03 with San Jose and Toronto.

He hasn't played for a while, but once he gets back on track he can really help this club.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am really happy for him because he was always a great player, and to see him out of the league for a whole year, was bad. He's only 34 years old, so he does have a couple of good seasons, left, and playing for a coach like Gretzky, which is probably respect a lot, will make him play really well.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Owen Nolan, being my favorite player (from my bed I can see five different pictures of him), it's nice to see him back in the same division as the Sharks. I think he really suffered when he moved to the Leafs and got pushed to the side. He plays like Lindros, but had been hurt less and is a better leader.

Nolan being better than everyone else:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dAqfSBEwJgE

I bet he can still do stuff like that.

Kaz

F

Forbidden

I like Owen Nolan too, but I still think Lindros is a better player. He had 115 points in about 70 games in one of his seasons, and if he doesn't get hurt this season he could really help the Stars go on a cup run.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
The thing is he had 115 points, yes, but he's been a hindrance to teams because he gets hurt all the time and he's expensive. Nolan wasn't fantastic, but he could score 44 goals and lead a underdog team to the playoffs year after year.

Kaz