• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music Overrated bands

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Who is on your Mt. Rushmore of overrated “great” bands?

Mine are, in no particular order:

Bon Jovi
Pink Floyd
Nirvana
Rolling Stones

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The first one that came to mind for me was Metallica. When I was a kid, everyone worshipped them and treated them as rock royalty. I don't find their music very creative and it seems to have a small range to me. Just my two cents. Plus Lars is a tool.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh gosh, the Metallica thing I totally understand. Like...I do like them but I dunno...I think you're onto something with them.

Pearl Jam is one that immediately does to mind...I just cannot get behind them, I don't know why. I mean a few songs are good but the cover song they did of "Last Kiss" was epic fail. Probably the worst cover I've ever heard.

I am going to have to think about the others....my brain isn't working properly right now.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Kid Rock went from making rebellious music to making ridiculous pop-country infusions that are uninspired and terrible.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I agree with Metallica as well. I like a few of their songs, but they wear out their welcome pretty quickly.

Rolling Stones. I like 2 of their songs. For such a great band, that number just isn't going to cut it.

I may be in the minority here, but I could never get into The Beatles. They just never did anything for me. shrugs

AC/DC. Similar to my reasoning for Metallica. I have to be in a very specific mood to enjoy them. And it never lasts for long.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I love Metallica, but I agree, Lars is a douche.

My wife LOVES the Beatles, but I agree, I’m not a big fan of theirs either.