Overrated Animes

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Swiftstrike, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Since we have one on underrated lets do overrated.

My list:

Cowboy Bebop : I didnt even like this anime...it was ok tops

Neon Genesis Evangelion : I liked this anime its in my top ten it was very enjoyable and I even own the DVDs. But people speak of this anime likes its godlike and of epic proportions. Its a great anime but people speak of it like its the Mona lisa of animes and inspired everything.

Rurouni Kenshin: Yes it was good but the animation was a bit poor (now its outdated) and fight seens could have been better. Too many still frames in fights. People spoke of it as the must watch samurai anime...I walked away a little disappointed.

2. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

Naruto: So many praises and so many fansites about the characters so I said what the heck, I'll watch it. This show has taught me to never listen to the hype, it's not as enjoyable as I thought it would be, a girl like Sakura will make me want to kill her anyday.

Inuyasha: This show speaks for itself. Kagome and Kikyo are probably some of the worst female characters I've seen up to date in a feudal anime. Why did the Jewel have to break into so many pieces that there were so many filler episodes that you could guess and know what was going to happen before it even happened?! This show was a downer I tell ya...

3. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

Cowboy Bebop: So much that they made a movie for it that no one liked or even bothered to see.

4. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Neon Genesis Evangelion: I never could get into it. I didn't much care for the characters either. But I did like the mechs and the fights.

5. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

Pokemon (the begining was fine but now it is just stupid)
    Yugioh (card game is so much better lol)

6. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Naruto. The characters and story line is incredibley boring. I have no idea how it became popular.

Also Naruto's voice on both the dub and sub is really really really annoying.

7. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

BEBOP ROCKS I SAW THE MOVIE!!

Bobobo...whatever. It's just STUPID!
    Naruto just gets boring after a while.
    Ghost in the shell is boring!

8. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

Ghost in the Shell confuses me till this day. The part when she was killed just cut my whole understanding off @[email protected]

9. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Thanks Kyo for totally ruining this series that I have yet to see.

Heh heh j/k

Looks like Naruto and NGE have been mentioned the most.

10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I totally agree with you. It makes me wonder why I even liked Inuyasha.

I just hated Naruto from the start. Although the manga is pretty good.

Another I would like to add is Gundam. I have no idea why people even liked that show. The story line was predictable and boring in my opinion.